Chapter 2

Skyler

Skyler

That guy stopped there and I left. I instantly forgot about him as soon as I enter The Blitz. The cool air of the air conditioner cooled me down.

I was intrigued by the interiors of the building and I was so excited to work here but it also makes me nervous that the expectations that are expected from me will be high.

Believe in yourself, Skyler.

I walk up to the reception and asked her about where I had to go for my interview and I stepped on the lift. I looked at myself in the mirror and said to myself.

"You can do this."

I took a left after I stepped out of the lift. That's the cabin. I read the nameplate. Tyler Smith. Yes, this is the cabin the receptionist told me about. I take a deep breath, opened the door slightly, and knocked.
"May I come in Sir?"

"Yes, Skyler. Take a seat. I was expecting you half an hour earlier."
The man said. Shit. I am late and I don't have a valid explanation for it. I tried to calm myself down but it's not working. Now I am definitely nervous. Somebody help me. I take the seat in front of him and placed my file on the table.

"You are nervous." He says chuckling turning the pages of my file. Of course, he has noticed I am nervous. I was sweating in a well air-conditioned room.

Then I take a look at him and it was startling how casual he was to be at work and I could already say how he is.

Cheerful, enthusiastic, and charming. I just met him and hardly shared a conversation with him yet I got this feeling of how he is going to be. I was fidgeting with my hands and the buttons of my skirt."A little bit but who doesn't."

"True. So I will come straight to the point." I take a deep breath. The start of my morning wasn't that good. I was praying that luck isn't dragged here. I hope I get this. I crossed my fingers under the table and smiled trying to be calm.

"I already saw your resume before you arrived and I am quite impressed by how you have achieved so much in such a short period. You beat the rest based on educational qualifications and merit. I see highly of you. I know you won't let us down. Welcome to The Blitz, Skyler." He said with a smile and I stood up from the chair. I got the job. Finally, I can get myself a new phone and pay all the bills.

I exclaim and then I realize. I was still in office. I quickly sit down and apologized for my overexcitement.  "Oh my God. I am hired. I am sorry but I am very excited and looking forward to it Sir."