Chapter 26

At Youthful Threads

At Youthful Threads

Skyler

"Scarlet, what's my schedule for today?" She stood in front of my desk while my eyes were on the computer.

"Madam, you are free for the day. Your meeting scheduled for today is postponed to Thursday." That's a relief. I was in no mood to attend the meeting today.

"Ok, that will be enough Scarlet. You can take the day off." I say to her and she nods her head."Ok, mam."

I look at her glaring."You know you can call me Skyler." I can't remember how many times I had to remind her that she is my best friend too other than being my assistant."I am sorry."

Scarlet leaves and I was confused. She left without saying anything. She comes back again and sits in the chair in front of me with her legs crossed."You know your assistant Scarlet was telling me that you are really not in the mood but you gave her the day off."

"I see that." I glare at her to keep her legs off the table.

She explained."What? My shift is over. I am your best friend now and not your assistant." She is my best friend but she cannot sit like this. She growls as I didn't stop glaring and she finally take her legs off the table."That's more like it.."

"What are we doing today?" I am going to work till midnight or I will go home and sleep. I am not doing anything. Especially today.
"Nothing special. I have work to do."

"We are going to hit the pizza place today." She declared seeing my frown. Did she not hear me? I have work to do."Not today, Scarlet."

I tried to refuse but she was adamant. I place a pile of files in front of her."I have to take a look at all these files by tonight."

"Fine, I will wait. Meanwhile, I will call out the names I selected for you." Not again. Ever since she started dating. She has been pushing me to find someone and when I was not taking any efforts. She took it to be her responsibility to find me a boyfriend. "I am telling you already. I am not interested."

I ignored them as she starts her daily thing. I start typing on the computer and my ignoring didn't affect her."Ethan, A lawyer by profession, tall dark, and handsome."

"You will not listen to me." I glared and she moved her gaze back to her phone."Matt, An artist.Sounds great. Take a look at his paintings once."

"Scarlet..."

"Shane Smith." I almost jumped off my chair listening to his name. I was surprised at how I still craved for him and still missed him like an idiot. I close my laptop.