Chapter 4

Skyler

Skyler

Time went by real fast and it was Friday evening already. I was sitting on my desk completing some last-minute shenanigans and Shane walks in. "Are you ready Skyler?"

I get up from my chair and replied.
"Yes sir. I have my suitcase with me here. I just have to get some things done and keep these files in the archive room then we can leave."

"Great. I will drop by home till then you can complete whatever work is left." He says. I packed up last night and I also went shopping yesterday for a dress. I brought my suitcase to work itself so that we don't waste much time.
"I am sure it will be done before you come," I said with a smile and he turns around to leave and then turns back to me as he remembers something. "And one more thing Tyler won't be joining us. He has some work to do which I am sure isn't work and Taylor is down with flu."

"You mean only both of us are going," I mumble almost not believing. Tyler and Taylor are not coming which means me alone with Shane.

"Is there a problem with us going alone?" He asks with his eyebrows raised.

"None." I sighed as he left the room. Oh my god. This will be a hell of a weekend alone with Shane. It can be the best or a disaster.

I was a little relieved when I knew Tyler and Taylor were coming because if Shane does something, Tyler would be there but now that he is not coming I was worried. That also means I am going on a weekend alone with Shane.

Maybe we can get closer to each other after this weekend or he will still be professional like he is. Come on Skyler, you stupid its just an event but still. What if?
I sat down and completed my work and after an hour or so Shane came back and luckily I was done with my work by then.

I look at him dressed in casual. He was wearing track pants and a t-shirt. He was wearing sport shoes and his watch that he usually wears. His sunglasses hanging on his t-shirt. This was the first time I was seeing him in casual and he looks hot."Let's go. Are you done?"

"Yeah. I am ready."
We drove our way to the airport and checked in as we seated ourselves in our seats. I could say if nothing else I was pretty happy that my first flight experience was in a luxurious private jet.

I was captivated by it and I was very delighted about the weekend. I looked over to Shane who had his glasses on reading a novel and I started the conversation.
"Which book are you reading?" I asked because I couldn't hold it in. I was curious.

"Nothing that interests you." He shoves me off as he hides his book away and I peeked. I got the name and it was  The Fault In Our Stars.

I didn't expect Shane to be into romance novels. You should not judge a book by its cover. He was a live example of it. Now he was scrolling through the phone and I was looking at him when the plane had turbulence and I clutched the armrest of my seat in fear and he notices."Are you fine?"