Chapter 36

"True Love is when
Fear of Separation is Stronger than
Fear of Death..."

Shane

"Where the hell were you? I have been calling you for the last 45 minutes. I was almost going to leave without you and where is your phone?"

Bryon

"Geez. Calm down. I lost my way looking around. What's with the rush?"

Shane

"I don't have time to explain now. I have packed everything. Meet me outside. I will explain everything later."

Bryon

"Fine. Let's go."
Damn, Skyler was right. He really wants to go back so that he doesn't have to face her.

Shane

I had already packed everything and called for a vehicle to go to the airport. I also informed the pilot to get ready for the takeoff. After we took off, I let out a sigh of relief...

Bryon

"Now will you tell me what happened? Why the rush all of a sudden?"

Shane

"I met Skyler and she caught me. I ended up telling her I love you. I shouldn't have done it. I couldn't face her and stay there. I would have told her everything."

Bryon

"I saw her too."

Shane

"What? Did she see you?"

Bryon

"No. She didn't see me. I was passing by her door and I saw her. It's better if I don't tell you what I saw."

Shane

"What is it? Tell me now."
Bryon face held down and I knew I would not like what he was going to say.

Bryon

"She was crying and Noah comforted her. Then when Noah was about to leave she held his hand asking him to stay with her. She didn't want to be alone tonight."

Shane

"I can't. I mean...What?After I just told her I love you."

Bryon

"You should have told her the truth, Shane. I don't want to upset you but Noah is a nice guy and he loves her. It's just a matter of time. She will move on. This is what you wanted. If only you told her everything..."

Shane

"Stop. I cannot hear it anymore."
Its easier said than done. Now that she is really interested in someone. I can't even imagine it. It made my blood boil only at the thought of it. I can't expect her to wait for me forever. Damnit, it will be hard to see her moving on. I will have to avoid her. I tried to sleep but I couldn't after Bryon told me about Skyler and Noah and he told me how close they are.

Skyler

(Throws a snowball)

Noah

"You.Wait and watch."(throws a snowball at her)

Skyler

"Stopped it Noah.No, Wait."

Noah

(Comes close to her and they both fall on the snow. Skyler on top of Noah.)

Skyler