Chapter 21

Shane

Shane

"You look tired." Her eyes were closing and she looked exhausted. She yawned stretching her arms."Yes but I am fine. I will go freshen up."

"I will go call Dad meanwhile."
Skyler went up to her room to freshen up while I went back to the living room to call Dad.

"Hello Shane, We were worried when you didn't receive our calls."
He says. I was scared seeing Skyler break down. She kept screaming in her sleep 'I don't want to die.' And I would just hold her in my arms trying to calm her but nothing helped. So, I wanted to check with the doctor before anything. So the first thing we did in the morning was go visit the doctor.
"We were at the hospital for a checkup."

"What did the doctor say?"

"The treatment is working. There is nothing to worry about. Her condition is improving." I was relieved at that.

"That's great. I hope she gets well soon."

"Which is why I have to talk to you and mom."

"We will drop by later today."

After I hang up with Dad. Skyler was still in the bathroom so I decided to take a bath in the meantime.

After I was done I went on to check on Skyler. I called out for her and she didn't answer so I went into her room to check and found her sleeping peacefully in her bed. I knew she was tired.

I went in close and covered her with a blanket and kissed her forehead and leave her room closing the door behind me.

I should do some work till she is asleep. I moved downstairs to the living room to get my phone and call Tyler is when he enters through the door with the files in his hands."I knew you were going to ask."

"You know me well. Let check it outside." The weather was good today. I was planning on doing it outside in the sitting area near the pool. Tyler suggests"I will bring coffee."

I joke."Don't burn my house down."
Mom, Taylor, and I can cook. I can't compete with them in cooking but I know how to. Dad can make the best pancakes in the world. Better than mom. There is no competition in that. I have never come across any place that can make pancakes like him but Tyler...

He is the worst one of us. I remember eating eggshells in his omellete. If that wasn't enough I have tried his salted coffee and I can't ever forget the time he almost burnt down the house in attempting to bake a cake.
"Hey, I can make coffee."

I scoffed and sat outside with the files and analyzed them. I haven't been going to work unless it's very very important. Skyler says she will be fine on her own but I just don't feel like going to work leaving her at home. What if she needs me when I am at work? I check out the files with Tyler and discussed them with him. He says closing all the files."Now that we are done with work. I want you to finally confess."