Chapter 42

"There are many ways
To be Happy
In this life but
All I really need
Is You.
Because You Make me
Happy..."

1 and a half month later

Shane

"Ahh! Finally, I can walk without the plaster and eat with my own hand."

Skyler

"Yeah.Must feel great."
Its been a few weeks since that accident. Emily was behind bars on many charges like attempt to murder along with her friend Chris. Shane's and Emily's divorce was dealt with early because of Emily going to jail and things were falling back into place. I did take a break off work to take care of Shane. He officially moved in at my mansion. Officially because he was always here he just had to bring his things with him. As for Noah, he moved out. I haven't had the time to meet him lately but I heard he is dating somebody and I am happy for him. Everything is great but there was something left.

Shane

"Well, I do miss the plaster. I miss it because you had to feed me because of it."

Skyler

"Too bad."

Shane

"Now where are we going today? It's always me who plans. The roles are reversed."

Skyler

"I am not telling you."

Shane

"It was very smart of you to blindfold me since the beginning. So I can't show you the puppy eyes. You don't play fair, Sky."

Skyler

"I can't resist those eyes. Enough talking. We are five minutes away from our destination."

Shane

"Sky you are killing me. Can you at least give me a hint where we are going?"

Skyler

"Now you realize what it felt when you used to blindfold me. Can you stop talking for a minute? Blah blah blah."
Shane pouts and sits on his seat crosses his arms on his chest. He looks so cute when he is angry.

Shane

"Okay. I am not talking to you."

Skyler

"You look so cute now."

Shane

"Excuse me, you are talking to me."
The car comes to a halt and Skyler kisses my cheek. She gets down, opens the car door, and helps me get out. We walk a little bit and she pauses.

Skyler

"We are here. You can open the blindfold."

Shane

"Finally."
I take off my blindfold. I was shooked. I was not expecting this. We were at the lake, the same lake when I confessed my love for Skyler the day at the Gala. It was the same place but so different. I shouldn't be that excited that she brought me here. I was amused by the preparations she did. There was a small pavilion built up and it was shining bright of the fairy lights and small wooden lanterns it was decorated with. It was so well decorated. There was a path made with rose petals and scented candles which smelt like Skyler's perfume on the border. We walked to the pavilion on the path. The scenery was so beautiful. This and the beautiful lake with the moonlight reflecting in the waters. It was perfect. I can't forget any of this. I wanted to click a picture with my eyes and save it permanently in my memory. We were now standing at the pavilion holding hands. How did she manage to pull this off without me knowing about it? I didn't even suspect anything. I don't have words...