Chapter 10

Skyler

Skyler

It's been three days since I moved into Shane's house and things have been great. Tyler used to come by and ask me about my health and then the three of us would watch movies. As for Shane, we cleared our misunderstandings.

That also means I get my job back as his assistant. He really said that he would have not accepted my resignation if I applied for it.

It was not him and I feel bad for judging him. It made me feel guilty every time I saw him knowing the truth. Shane took his days off work to take care of me which was surprising as Tyler once said Shane never takes leaves from work whatever the reason. "The reports didn't arrive yet." He says and Tyler hands out an envelope to Shane.
"Are you talking about this?"

Shane takes a look at the envelope and nods."Yes."

"The postman handed it to me when I was entering. I have to go see a friend. I should leave. Take care, Skyler." I stood up from my seat and hug Tyler."Yeah.Good night Tyler."

"Bye Skyler."

"Bye Ty," Shane mumbles while hugging him. I love their bond as brothers. They stick for each other through thick and thin. Seeing them made me wish, maybe if I had a sibling.

"Skyler, you should get to sleep. It's late." Shane keeps the reports on the table and says. I take a look at the time. It was eleven only. There was no way I could sleep before one."I am not a child Shane. I am fine and I want to see the reports."

"I know you want to but you need rest. We can see it tomorrow." Did I mention how stubborn he gets for things like these? He won't listen to a no for an answer. He was correct. I was fine but I was exhausted. So I didn't argue with him. "Fine. I am going. Good night."

"Good night."

Shane

After Skyler went upstairs to sleep. I washed all the dishes and made some coffee. I sat by the couch and take a look at the papers Tyler brought. Then my attention lands on Skyler's reports. I open the envelope when the telephone rang.

I left the envelope on the table and went to receive the call. I pick up the phone. It was Mom. "Hello, Shane. You weren't picking up your phone so."

I noticed the charging socket and sigh. My phone was on charge but the switch was off. "My battery died and looks like when I told Ty to put it on a charge he didn't turn on the switch."

"Don't blame it on him. Is Skyler fine? Tyler told me about her."

"She is fine now."

"God bless her. It must be a hard time for her. Take care of her. I can exactly feel how she feels. I called you to invite you both to dinner. I want to meet her since I see my big boy changing a lot since she arrived and Tyler can't stop talking about her too."