Chapter 41

"It just takes some time,
Everything is gonna be fine."

Skyler

We all listened to the doctor and I couldn't believe my ears. I take a step back. I was traumatized. It was hard for me to believe what he said. I fell on my knees.No no no this can't happen. Shane can't leave me too. Not like this. Everything was so perfect again. We were going to be married and no...I could hear everyone's sobs and cries listening to the news. Everything was so fine. Things were finally on track and Shane leaves me too. I don't know what to do next. Tears can't stop running down my eyes. Eveytime I used to cry Shane used to be with me wiping away my tears with his hands and held me comforting me until I stopped crying. Everyone was devastated. David sits down on his knees and holds me as I hug him breaking down into tears.

David

"Skyler, calm down."

Skyler

I refuse to believe this. I stood up and pushed everyone on my way to the operation theater. I have to see him.

Doctor

"You cannot go in there."

Skyler

But I didn't listen to him and entered in. He was laying on the bed with his eyes closed. I can't believe he is gone. I go near him and call out for him and he didn't answer. I was trembling. My hands were shaking and it felt like the ground was slipping from my feet. I have never in my life seen him like this, so silent. The thought of never going to see him smiling at me, complimenting me, and to not feel his touch was too much to bear. I cannot imagine my life without him in it. I couldn't hold myself in. I couldn't stop my tears from falling down. I remember today morning when he was leaving. He said with a smile.'I will be back those were his last words. I take his hand in mine holding it tightly.
"Shane, you cannot leave me now that things are perfect and when we were finally going to be together. I can't lose you again. I can't. I won't be able to bear the loss of losing you again. Open your eyes, Shane. Come back to me. You said you will be back. I didn't even get the chance to say I love you..."
My face hung down laying on his bed as tears streamed down my eyes. I couldn't see his face knowing he can't talk to me and smile looking at me. Then I heard his voice. I stand up in my position. I rub my eyes to see if it's true. He was awake and talking to me. I wasn't dreaming.

Shane

"Then you can tell me now."

Skyler

"You aren't dead. You are alive. This has to be a miracle. I should call the doctor now."
He smiled looking at me and I was so happy, he wasn't dead. He is here with me. As soon as I get up he holds my hand and smiles sitting upon his bed.

Shane

"I wasn't really dead. I told the doctors to lie to you."

Skyler

"What the fuck?Are you serious? I was so worried thinking you were really gone and you were pranking us. I can't believe you."

Shane

"You were worried about me."

Skyler

"Well everyone is and why wouldn't they be? We just got the news that you were dead. What were you expecting? We will be smiling and joking about it. I was so scared. Does this seem like a joke to you?"
I stood up and walk away folding my arms on my chest. I was so scared. I can't believe he was joking about his death. He stood up from his bed walking towards me. He had a fracture on his right hand and his leg so he was limping. With the help of his left hand, he turned me around and held my cheek with his left hand. His forehead was bandaged.