Chapter 22

Warning:-

This chapter contains some content that may be disturbing and sensitive for some readers.
You have been warned...

Shane

We were sitting on the couch in the living room after having our dinner. Lazing around in a blanket and I was holding her in my arms.
"Skyler, I want to know."
She lifts her head while still in my arms and looks at me confused but I want to know everything.
"What do you want to know?"

"I read your diary. I want to know you." I wanted to know her past. I know she had a painful past but I want her to share with me.
She coughed taken aback by the fact I read her diary."What? You read my diary."

"Not most of it but yeah. I want to share your pain. I want to know everything, Sky." She sat up getting off my embrace. Her facial expressions changed and something in me broke when I saw her like this. I could see tears forming up in her eyes but she controlled it. She let out a sigh and then she spoke.

"You already know my parents when I was born my parents never took care of me. I was brought up by my grandmother. For two years I got to see them once or twice a week. After which I never saw them. My grandma was always there with me. She told me they were out of town for work but little did I know they were in jail for what they did to your parents.

"I was six when I found out my parents were in jail because of you. Then I didn't know the real reason why they were in jail. I should say I cursed you because you were the reason my parents were away from me but back then I was a six-year-old, I didn't know what they did."

"For me, they were my parents and they are away from me. I knew grandma hid something from me and I understand her reasons for doing so. How can you tell a six-year-old that her parents are in jail? I met Olivia when I was eight. She was my only friend and till that time word got out that my parents were in jail. Olivia stuck to my side even after knowing. She had my back. I was called the daughter of a criminal and what not but I ignored them. I had Olivia and she was my best friend more like a sister." She sighs and I place my hand on her giving a faint smile to assure her she doesn't have to continue but then she speaks.

"I was all over the place. I didn't want to worry grandma about my problems. I studied hard because I wanted to work so that I could take away grandma's burden. We were in college and Olivia had an accident and took a leave from college for a month and a half. That's when it started falling apart I met a group and they accepted me."

"I was all happy to find new friends but I was trapped. They were bad news. I started drinking and smoking being in their influence. I knew the consequences but it made me forget everything in the meantime. I was asked out on dates only to show how naive I was to believe in them or some douche who wanted to sleep with me."

"I had changed when Olivia returned she was surprised to see the new me. I was no longer the Skyler she knew when she left. Anyone would have reacted the same if they knew me. Thanks to Olivia she got me rid of everything and things were finally on track but that didn't last long."

"Olivia's father was promoted and transferred to Europe and she had to move out when she left she made me swear to never go back to my bad habits. I did keep my promise. Since that day I didn't smoke and drank in a limited amount. I was in touch with her but still, with the distance and me working and studying together, we lost touch."

"I still miss her. After that, I studied during the day worked at night. I graduated early and I was proud of what I achieved. I was then fired at my last company and that's when I came to THE BLITZ."

She narrated everything and I recall having read some of it in her diary. Her best friend Olivia and everything.

She was all alone this time. She had no one for her. She was always judged and punished for a mistake she didn't commit.

She had been through a lot yet she fought her way through everything and I liked that quality of her. She never gave up. She was the strongest woman I know.

I could see Moms's reflection in her. I was no less than the others. I promised her I wouldn't judge her no matter what yet I did but now that I have her again I won't LEAVE HER EVER AGAIN. I hugged her and she held me back.
"I am sorry Skyler, I judged you even though I promised I wouldn't. I even accused you of playing with my feelings and compare you with your parents. You are nothing like them. I was wrong and I regret it whatever I did."

I saw a tear roll down her cheek. She had been holding her tears for so long and when I put my arms around her. She broke down into tears as she mumbles."NEVER LEAVE MY SIDE, SHANE.
I can't bear losing you too. I already lost enough. I don't think I can."
I don't think I can leave her.

"Never, I MAY NOT ALWAYS BE THERE WITH YOU, BUT I WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR YOU. I promise." I wipe the tears off her eyes and kissed her forehead.

She smiled and I smiled back at her."Enough about me. Tell me about you. I am sure girls would have been drooling over you."

"I had some flings. Nothing serious. This is all new to me like it is to you. I never believed in falling in love."
It was when you entered and swooped into my life that changed my whole perspective about love.
I hated her and challenged her to drive her out of my office while God had other plans.

"It wasn't about you not believing about falling in love. You just didn't find the right person." She said chuckling and I grinned.
"Are you praising yourself?

"Of course I am. It's hard not to fall in love with me." She playfully hits my arms and stared at my eyes while I smile admiring her eyes. I was wondering what would have happened if she didn't meet me that day and however we might have met I am glad I did.

"Crazy story we have there.Of how we came from enemies to lovers."
I laughed at that statement. I still can't believe the agreement we had and how far we had come.
"Speaking of which our date never took place."

"You are with me every time and still we have to go on a date." She mutters. That was true but still.

"A date is a date. Tomorrow night sounds good."

"I will think about it." She stood up and walked acting as if trying to figure something. I stood up and stood right in front of her and she looked up to me.

"If the CEO of a million-dollar company can have time. Tell me what excuse do you have,
Miss Skyler."

"I have a lot of work like eating and sleeping..." She said laughing. I am not taking a no for an answer. This time this date will take place without any interruptions.

"I am joking. Of course, I would love to." She puts her arms around my shoulder and kisses me. I felt myself smiling at the thought of it while I mumbled between our kiss."I CAN'T WAIT."

(What happens on the date? Skyler is recovering then what's next...)

...Thank you for reading...