Chapter 43

"A Perfect
Marriage
Is just two
Imperfect people
Who refuse to
Give Up
  On each other..."

1 week later
Maldives

Skyler

I was all ready with the preparations. I didn't want to wait anymore and it was not that hard to pull a wedding in a week also I had been preparing everything for a long. We were having a beach wedding. I planned everything with the help of others so everyone knew except him. Two days after our proposal we flew here. Since I planned out the wedding. Shane is going to plan our honeymoon. It's a surprise for me.

Shane

Skyler had already planned everything and after that surprise proposal, I came to know that she was planning this for days and everyone knew about it except me. I was surprised at how she planned everything without me knowing. I remember she was with me the entire time. She surprises me every time. I was in seventh heaven. I can finally call her my wife today. I can't describe all of this. After everything, we found our way together and I was glad we did.

Skyler

It is really happening. Yes, I am marrying Shane today. It wasn't a dream. It is all real. Being someone's first love may be great but to be their last love is beyond perfect. For me, Shane was my first and last. I never believed in love like those in fairytales and stories but here I am.

David

"Are you ready Skyler?"

Skyler

"Let's do this, Dad."
It is time when I am going to walk down the aisle the second time and with the same person. We were now on the way to the aisle. The sun was already setting and it added more glamour to the venue. Everyone stood up and as soon as we enter and I smiled. It was different for the first time. This time I am not sick and we don't have any crazy ex to interfere. Everything was so perfect. With the infinite orange, flamboyant pink sky and the setting sun and the big, fluffy white clouds adding a touch of ecstasy. The silent lapping of the waves along with the soft lyrical music the choir played was ethereal and how can I forget Shane standing at the end of the aisle. He was wearing a suit and a boutonniere that matched my corsage. I have seen him a suit but this was different. He was well-groomed. He had shaved and gelled his hair. I will punch him if he doesn't cry. We both have been waiting for this moment for so long. We went through so much that it was hard to believe it was really happening. I could see the tears that formed in his eyes. I controlled my tears. I don't wont to spoil my makeup which took hours. I couldn't stop smiling.

Shane

Everything was so perfect. It felt like a dream. I didn't want to blink fearing if I close my eyes, I will wake up and all of it will be gone. I was mesmerized by her beauty. This was not the first time I am seeing her in a wedding gown but its different. A warm breeze swirls around her sending her hair in all different directions and that wide smile on the face. She looked stunning. She looked like an angel sent from heaven. There was this wide smile which added more beauty to her face. After everything, we went through. Tears dwell up in my eyes as I saw her walking down the aisle with Dad. She was not only going to be my wife, but she is also going to be the mother of my child. Nine months later there will be a minibus and I can't wait. She couldn't stop smiling like me. They stop in front of me and I take a look at her. I had no words. When did I get so lucky to have Sky?

David

"Don't break her heart."

Shane