Chapter 17

David

David

"He is not opening the door. I am worried now. He wasn't answering the calls too." Ava says as she worried. We had been ringing the bell a few times now and no one opened the door.

"Don't worry Ava. I think I have a spare key. Here it is." I check the pockets to find the key and when I found it. I quickly open the door and we entered the house.

We didn't see anyone and the lights were out. It was so quiet in here that we can hear our footsteps. The only light that was coming was from outside. We called out for Shane but he was nowhere to be found.

We took a look around and found him sitting on the couch by the pool. He always sits outside by the pool when he needed time alone. I gestured to Ava to sit beside him and I sat on the other side of him.

The table was upside down with all the broken glasses and plates lying around. His hand was bleeding and he was staring at the ground with an empty look on his face. It looked like he was crying.

It was shocking to see Shane like this. I can expect this from Taylor or Tyler but not Shane. He was the most mature and civilized. He would never lose his temper this bad and he always dealt it all alone without letting us know. I wanted to know what made him lose his temper so badly.

Shane

I didn't open the door. I just sat there processing the events of today's night. I can't believe the first time I fell in love with someone and it ended miserably.

I felt Mom sitting to the left of me and Dad on the right but I didn't look up I always liked to be alone when I was vulnerable. Mom and Dad respected that. They might have seen me like this for the first time because I handled it all alone. I didn't want them to see me like this, this weak.

"Shane..." I couldn't hold it in longer. I hugged him and he just held me and it comforted me for a little. Tears flowed down my cheeks and I couldn't stop them.

"It's okay to let out your feelings."
He says patting my back. I pull back from his hug and wipe the tears with the sleeve of my shirt."We are here for you. Show me your hand. It's bleeding." Mom takes my hand and looks at my palm which had a big cut oozing out blood.

"She hid it from me. She knew for so long yet she kept it hidden from me."
Dad and mom looked at me confused. "What are you talking about, Shane? Aren't you supposed to be on your date? Where is Skyler? What did she hide?"

"She is the daughter of Harry and Maisha. The same Harry and Maisha who almost ruined your life." I told them. They wrecked our lives. I can't forget it ever.

"Are you sure? I didn't know they had a child together." Mom said looking at me.

"She admitted it herself. She kept it from me for so long." I could have thought of forgiving her.