Chapter 31

Skyler

Skyler

Noah was confused by my call yesterday. When I came back home I don't know why I had a huge smile on my face. I guess I went there hoping to meet him. Maybe...
I don't know. Noah bombarded me with questions and I explained to him why I was acting so weird on the call. Noah had made us dinner and we sat down to eat while I kept thinking of him. I was exhausted so I went straight to bed and I had a good night's sleep as I dreamt of him.

Next day

I head back to the office early for the meeting. On the way, Scarlet left me a text informing me that she will not be able to come to work as she has to take her mother to the hospital as she fell down the stairs. I have to handle all of it alone.

I make my way to the coffee machine and make myself a cup of coffee. I went back to my cabin and sit down on my chair as I switched on my laptop. I look at the time at the watch. It was close to 11 am. They should be here anytime.

I heard a knock and as soon as I heard his voice I looked up and I wasn't wrong about my assumption. It was him again. Now I knew what Scarlet meant when she asked me if I was sure about the meeting. He flashed his mischievous smirk flicking his hair."It's nice meeting you again Miss Skyler."

He looked way better than he looked the other day. He had trimmed his hair and had a clean shave. His hair was perfectly gelled and combed. The gloomy look on his face was no longer present and he looked fresh and happy. There was another type of glow on his face as he smiles looking at me.

This was the Shane I knew.

There was something behind his smile which said he was so delighted and that made me smile a bit. I couldn't help but was worried when I saw him so drunk that day and when I saw him at the beach alone on his birthday. I was a bit relieved to see him all fine but I can't let him in again after all I have been through since he chose to leave. "Are you kidding me?"

I saw Tyler right beside him too but my eyes were on him bubbling with anger. He said shocked. Is he pretending nothing happened between us?"Is this the way you talk to your clients Miss Skyler?"

"Mom is calling. I should pick up."
Tyler left and the look on his face explained he didn't want to get in between for war was about to begin. I stood up from the chair and walked up to him. I said taking a sharp breath showing him the way to the door."We should not waste time. There is no way I am working with you. You know the way out."

"Can I know the reason for it?" I stood right in front of him crossing my arms. I was angry at him but standing so close to him made my heartbeat race. As I stood close to him, I closely admired him. He was wearing a navy blue suit. Did I mention it earlier how sexy he looked in a suit? I was barely hanging on my sanity. His favorite watch on his hand.