Chapter 16

Skyler

Skyler

The next morning I woke up with Shane's strong arms surrounding me. I must have slept while we were talking. Shane was still asleep. I slowly moved his hand away from me and covered the blanket around him.

I quickly freshened up and then I decided to make breakfast. It was a Sunday and we didn't have work today. I went into the kitchen and take a look in the fridge. I quickly made some pancakes and toasted some bread. I chopped some berries and served the pancakes on a plate along with whipped cream and the chopped berries.

I was preparing everything when Shane grasped me from behind placing his head on my shoulder placing a kiss on my cheek. I was startled because I was not expecting it and it was sudden.
"You scared me, Shane."

"Oh is it." He chuckles and then turns me around forcing me to look at him. "What are you making?"

"I made pancakes and some toasted bread. Now I am making coffee."
I smiled at him. He kissed my hands and looks straight into my eyes. "Lovely. Let me set the table then."

"You go freshen up. I will set it up."
Shane went back to his room and I set up the table. He came downstairs and we sat down.
"It's not good as you make but I tried."

He eats while saying. I smiled at him."It's tasty and I am not joking. I want more."

"If you say so." I look at him eating his breakfast admiring him. He does love me. He did say that right.
I wonder about how things changed overnight. I was beyond happy. He notices me looking at him and he smiled."I can't wait for tomorrow."

"I am excited too," I exclaimed. We were going on a date tomorrow and I can't wait. I was looking forward to it. As much as I was loving this, I felt guilty that he didn't know the truth yet.

"I have to be at the office after breakfast." He wipes his mouth with a handkerchief.

"On a Sunday," I asked. What work he has on a Sunday.

"Tyler called me this morning. I will probably be back before lunch. I just have some papers to sign and some other things." He explained. I persisted in going along with him but he said it's a small thing and I won't be needed.

With Shane leaving me alone at the house. I decided to go shopping to buy a dress for the date. I didn't have anything to wear. Or I have.

Girls cannot have enough clothes.

Everyone will agree to this.

I went to the mall and did some dress shopping. I liked a few dresses and it took me three hours. When I went back home, I expected Shane to be home but he wasn't.