Beginning

~*~

One man, he was kneeling down with a malnourished and shackled body while being showered by insults and curses from the commoners and nobles.

''Kill that b@stard!''

''Behead him, he killed my husband!''

''That demon must die!''

''D@mned fvcker!''

''What a disgrace to their Ducal Household.''

''Dirty pebble.''

Why..?

What did I do to deserve this?

All he did was to love, yet why did she and everyone deny his feelings? Why do they think it wasn't real?

Everbody scorned him for his deeds, yet none of them even know what he'd been through. Is it really a sin to love?

If so, what's his real purpose in this world?

The gloomy skies, threatening to pour down a storm, shading his worthless self, as if it was pitying him.

Civilians looked at him as if he was trash. His father had thrown him his pure disappointment. His mother hated him for not being as good as his brother.

And him.

Josh..

His twin, his other half, and his rival.

He took everything away from him, everything that he deserved. Their parents' affection, his place as heir, and his first love!

'I was supposed to be the one living lavishly, I was supposed to be the one loved by the family, I was supposed to be the one standing by her side!' He thought.

Clenching his fists, he glared at the people looking at him with disgust, causing them to silent down.

Then came a bulky man with a big sword on his hands. His executioner.

Another voice spoke.

''We have held here infront of everyone's eyes, the presence of the man who have sinned many, the man who tried to involve danger to the young duke, Josh Edmund del Razon, and his beloved duchess, Selina Vesta-del Razon.''

He lowered his head, biting his lip until it bled. His body is full of bruises and his skin is tainted with blood, however, if he tries to measure everything——their hateful eyes are what hurts most.

''We shall reveal all threats, crimes and corruptions that this vile one has committed at the royal court. Hence, the assailant, Rosh Edward del Razon, have been sentenced to death by public execution——''

Once again, the roars from the people disturbed the former silenced streets.

''——Commence!''

His eyes travelled through the crowd, and coincidentally, went straight to his twin's eyes. It was a different look, it didn't have anger nor satisfaction. It was a gaze filled with pity.

'Why is he looking at me like that?'

I don't need your fvcking sympathy, Josh.

***