Chapter 20

~*~

''Haah..*pant*...what just happened? Gurrk, I'm so dizzy..''

Eveia continued to take deep breaths. After Rosh used his dark magic, both of them suddenly emerged with the shadows.

She felt as if she was falling in a whirlpool of darkness. Just thinking about it makes her more nauseous.

''Are you alright?'' Rosh asked as if he felt nothing.

The young lady glared at him fiercely.

''I'm surprised you're even concerned.'' She said sarcastically.

Rosh smiled.

''Of course, it's a man's duty to worry about a lady.''

Eveia's eye twitched as she internally showered him with curses. Why is this guy so annoying?!

''Whatever, just why did you even take me here?'' Eveia loudly whispered

They were standing in the third floor veranda of the banquet hall where there are no guests.

Rosh decided to stay lowkey until the assassin starts the 'planned incident'.

''Sooner or later, a kidnapping event will happen.''

''Eh?''

''The son of Marquis Lune, the son of Duke Rome, and I will be abducted by a man named Sean Virsh.''

''What nonsense are you speaking of?'' Eveia asked.

''Stop asking questions and just follow what I say, or else..'' He shot her a threatening gaze that gave her goosebumps.

''Err..just what do you want me to do? I may be skilled in using fire magic but that's it. I have no use to you!'' She tried to retaliate.

''No use? What are you talking about? I wouldn't waste my concern on someone like you, even if you have strong fire magic, I'm still far skilled than you are.''

''Then why? Why do you have to do this? Is it because I was also sent back?''

Rosh turned his back and put his hands inside his pockets. Then he grinned.

''You have seen and known my secret. And I also secretly put on a magic seal on your neck that bounds your life on me.'' He snickered evily.

Before, when he carried Eveia, he knew he's gonna have to restrain her, so he secretly put on a magic seal on her. It's quite similar to the one he put on Diego, except it was more complicated.

''What?!'' Eveia was shocked. She can't believe she'll be trapped just like this!

''Yes, that's why don't run around and be a good puppy. I'm gonna have fun playing with you, my little puppet.'' Rosh said as he showed a smirk.

***

''Josh, where is your brother?'' The duke asked his son.

''Uhm..actually, father, he went to go and talk with the daughter of the Schneiders and..'' Josh scratched his neck.

He haven't seen his brother for a while so he was very curious of what Rosh was talking about with the lady of Schneider.

''What? That brat! Many of my noblemen wanted to introduce him to marriage candidates yet he's right there talking with some girl?!'' The duke said angrily.

''Father, please don't be mad, brother was a bit uncomfortable in our table so he tried to talk with Lady Schneider when she approached him.'' Josh said, trying to cover up Rosh, but unknowingly did the opposite.

''Uncomfortable? My son, don't try to defend your useless brother. Because of such humiliation he gave, I'm going to educate him myself!'' The duke said.

''F-father!'' Josh wanted to say more but the duke already left.

Meanwhile..

Rosh is grinning from ear to ear with Eveia beside him as he looked at his father fussing over.

Eveia, who is cautious of his actions, felt her hair stand because of his wicked smile.

''Master, it's starting.''

As Rosh heard Amros' signal, he turned towards Eveia and spoke.

''It's time, follow me.''

''O-okay.''

Both of them went down to the first floored hall. Rosh immediately dragged Eveia with him to an area where the duke would easily find him.

And just as he predicted, as soon as the duke saw him, he angrily went to him.

''Rosh! Where have you wasting your time instead of widening our conncetions. Just how useless can you be?!'' The duke reprimanded.

Eveia gulped.

With a bored look, Rosh only looked at him like he was an idiot. It's almost time for him to show himself.

''Hmm..''

''You little brat dared to look at your father like that?'' The duke glared.

The guests started to get interested in the commotion and actually circled around them.

''What is happening?''

''It seems like the duke Razon and his son is having a fight.''

''Such a mess.''

''The duke looked furious.''

Duke Jeremiah had a red face. Only Rosh is looking at him with amusement. He is really having fun seeing his father like this.

''Isn't it fun, father?'' Rosh asked.

''..you!''

''Looking at your face makes me remember a bug.'' Rosh mocked.

''What?!'' The duke shouted.

The duchess hurriedly went over and stepped into the conversation.

''Rosh! Enough, how could you say such vulgar things to your father?''

Rosh showed an innocent confused face.

''But why, mother? I am only telling the truth. I learned that lying is a bad thing so I would never do it. And I am honest, father's face looks like a bug....''

Rosh cutted off his words and looked at the duke with a grossed out face. Silence took over the halls.

''....since he disgusts me.''

***