Chapter 33

~*~

Aphen Household

Crash!

Marquis William Aphen threw his crystal glass beside his son who just flinched and put his head down.

Nobody dared to move, speak or even blink. Some servants even held their breaths, preparing themselves for the marquis' outburst.

''What is this rumor I've heard!? I went to a supposedly peaceful meeting when a rumor about us being opportunists entered my ears! What is this about!?''

His son, Permitus Aphen had an ugly expression plastered on his face. He was the one who spread the truth that Rosh Razon was being extra friendly to Samuel Rome, Enzo Lune and Eveia Schneider.

But he didn't expect his plan to suddenly backfire, he knew it was Rosh who spread it! He believes in his gut, the young master Razon isn't as weak and ignorant as people believed. On the other hand, people said that the news were spread from the capital, so it was impossible for Rosh to have spread it. Knowing that nobody would believe him, he kept his mouth shut.

''Father, I promise, I did not know of this! I-it just suddenly got out! I didn't know!'' He pleaded.

''Suddenly got out? Do you know what will happen to us if his grace the duke confronts us for this? We'll be in ruins!''

''Believe me, father! I did send an invitation to the first young master Razon, but it was only for a tea party with other young masters.'' Permitus nervously wiped his sweaty hands on his side.

Marquis Aphen turned his eyes to his butler and pointed at the door.

''Find out who's behind this! And silent out the rumors, do not confirm anything!'' The butler bodded and bowed before leaving. ''Yes, my lord.''

Then the marquis glared at his son who gulped. ''And you, go back to your room, Permitus. You will not come out unless the rumors die down, do you understand?!''

''Yes..father.''

Permitus turned back and went to his room. Angrily, he slammed his door hard and kicked one of his things, he stopped infront of his mirror. His eyes fiercely glared as he imagined Rosh Razon's smug face, looking at him as if he had won.

He clenched his fists tightly and gritted his teeth.

Permitus let out a shaky breath of rage. How dare he... Even if he's a duke's son, how dare he look down on him? ''Rosh Razon, just wait...''

***

Razon Manor

Duke Razon slammed his first son's door open. He found Rosh sitting on his bed with a shocked and fearful look on his face.

''F-father? May I know why——ack!''

Hugo widened his eyes in shock.

''Your Grace!''

Rosh found himself being choked by his own father who harshly pulled him by the collar of his shirt.

'Fvck, he just trespassed my room and now he's attempting murder?! He's reacting worse than I expected'.

The red eyed boy almost rolled his eyes at the loss of his father's composure. Very unfitting for a duke.

''F-father..it hurts! Cough!'' Rosh wheezed. Though it didn't hurt him one bit.

''You useless child! Are you really trying to ruin our reputation!?'' The duke violently threw his little body on the floor. ''We have been humiliated by the kingdom, calling us foolish to let greedy wolves eat us! Marquis Aphen is our foothold for a higher priviledge! How dare you try to break that?''