Chapter 24

~*~

''Woah! Since when did you have that?!'' Enzo asked enthustiastically.

They, excluding Eveia, were surprised to see that Rosh, who they thought to be a very timid boy, was hiding such an object under his silks.

''It's...actually from my knight, he gave it to me just incase....something happened.'' Rosh said.

The dagger was actually made from Amros' magic. It was the first step to execute his plan.

''But why didn't you show it earlier? Are you purposely letting us die here or what?'' Eveia said with hatred.

Rosh internally clicked his tongue, on the other hand, he showed a wimpy expression to refute her words.

''N-no! I-I-I just...didn't know it will work coz' I thought that if magic wouldn't so would w-weapons..''

''Oh! Really?''

''Y-yes..''

''You still should have shown it even if it doesn't work! We could've atleast tried earlier! Or are you really trying to get us into death's door?!'' Eveia said.

Although she knew what he really aims for, she wanted to take out her anger towards Rosh, even atleast in the pretense of blame.

''I-I-I really didn't know! I'm s-sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hide it b-but..!''

''Hah! Do you really think I'll believe something like that? You're such a——''

Her words got cut off.

''Lady Schneider, stop trying to blame him! I didn't know a noble lady like you have such attitude. The young master doesn't know about it, stop trying to slander him.''

Just as quickly, Samuel defended Rosh, making the other grin secretly.

''Slander you say..?''

Eveia wanted to laugh sarcastically.

She wanted to rip his mask off, but she doesn't know how. Even someone as mature and smart like Samuel have fallen for Rosh's innocent acts. She can't believe they're so stupid to fall for his pretension, but just as she knew, none of those kids knew about their past lives.

''Please don't fight! It really is my fault, young master Samuel. I should have showed it earlier..'' Rosh claimed the blame, only to extract more sympathy from the boy of course.

''It's not your fault, don't blame yourself.'' Samuel consoled him. Enzo decided to speak up.

''Guys? Can we stop the drama and try to escape now?''

''Hmph!''

''I agree, excuse me, I'll do the actions first.''

Samuel took the dagger carefully from Rosh's shoe. He positioned the sharp item on the rope and started to try and tear it off. At first, they thought it wasn't working but soon enough, they could hear the sound of the rope being slowly torn. It took quite some time, but Samuel successfully freed himself from the magical restrains.

''I..did it!''

He gasped his breath and stood up. He went beside Rosh and immediately rubbed the blade on the ropes.

When Rosh was freed, he gave him a thankful look.

''Thank you, young master Samuel.''

Samuel had a blush on how cute he is and gave him a small smile.

''You're welcome. And you can just call me Samuel, young master, no need for the honorifics.''

''Really? Then, you can just address me by my name as well.'' Rosh suggested.