Chapter 32

~*~

Tok tok tok

His small hand stopped turning the page of the book he's reading when suddenly someone knocked on the door.

Yves went to the door and opened it, a male servant bowed as he showed them the small tray with a sealed letter. Rosh lifted his brows at the folded stationary.

''Who is it from, Yves?'' He asked.

''Ah, it seems to be an invitation from the young master of Aphen, their seal is stamped on it, young master.'' She answered and handed him the letter.

Hugo stared blankly at the paper, trying to sense any kind of magic or trap that could hurt his master.

Rosh opened the letter with suspicion. The Aphen Household's young master? His father has made a good relationship with the marquessate so there is a reason for the Marquis' son to invite a Razon child in whatever.

But why him? Rosh knew he is widely known to be weak and is looked down upon. Even Amros confirmed that he is still unappreciated by other nobles, so why? Is this because of the kidnapping incident? What motive does the young master Aphen have for him?

''The young master Aphen wanted me to be his guest?'' Rosh said out loud and looked at his maid. ''What do you think, Yves?''

''A tea party for other young masters in society. Young master, I don't think it's a good idea to attend.'' Yves suggested.

''This..why?''

''She doesn't want you to have connections and rise in power, Master.''

'Obvious reasons, Amros.'

''Well, my sweet young master, many other young masters will attend there and you are still not used to socialize.''

Rosh looked at her in confusion and innocence. Inside, he's barfing.

''But wouldn't I be used to it if I socialize more?''

''You are very shy, young master, the other might deem you boring and they'll looked down on you.''

Yves clasped her hands together and looked at him worriedly. Hugo shot her a deadly gaze, which she doesn't seem to notice.

''Look down on me? But I'm the duke's son..'' Rosh acted sad.

''That's exactly why, young master. I care for you, and I don't want that to happen..''

Rosh almost slapped her in disbelief. Care for him? Her? The Yves? That's the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard. How shameless for her to even try to order him around.

'A maid deciding for her own master. Fvcking b*tch.' He bit his inner cheek.

Rosh felt her hands caress his cheeks and Yves smiled at him sweetly.

''Okay, Yves. Don't worry, I won't go.''

''Great choice, young master!''

''Instead...can I invite young master Samuel, Enzo and lady Eveia?'' Yves was surprised and stiffened.

''E-eh? Young master but..''

Rosh ignored her words and took out a stationary from his drawer, a quill and his Razon seal wax.

''When we were kidnapped we have found friendship among ourselves. I want to invite them and hang out. Maybe ask their well being after the incident. That's okay, right Yves?''

His reason was valid enough that Yves couldn't find any fault or holes to stop him. The family those children were from are at least a bit more influential than the Aphen family, Rosh will certainly gain more connections than him being in the Aphen tea party.