Chapter 8

~*~

''Young master, it is time for dinner.'' Yves said to him.

Rosh put down the book he is reading and stood.

''Okay, let's go.'' He said.

With their distance to the dining hall is shortening, Rosh's mood is getting more bitter than ever. He hated the idea of being with those snakes again. Of course, he still made sure it didn't show to his face.

The doors of the hall was opened and again, Rosh saw his so-called family sitting at the long table.

''Good evening, father and mother. You too, brother.'' He curtsied.

''Hmm..'' The duke didn't spare him any attention and just hummed.

''You are late, Rosh.'' Said the duchess.

Rosh wanted to kick his stupid mother. He was only late by two minutes or so. If Josh was in his place, maybe they'll wait for him even for an hour.

''I apologize, mother.'' He said and didn't say anything more.

He doesn't want to waste his time talking to them.

Walking towards the chair beside his blue-eyed self, Josh rather, he just started eating without looking at the other people on the table.

''Where did you go in town, brother?''

Looking at his right, Josh stared at him with innocence. Rosh smiled back.

''Oh, I just went to town and bought some magic stones. I like them because they were beautiful.'' He said.

''Magic stones?'' This caught the duke's attention.

''Yes, father.''

''You bought magic stones? You have yet to receive any blessing but you already bought such expensive things.''

''...I——''

Before Rosh could answer, the duke spoke again.

''If you have nothing else to do than slack off, don't waste money for things that you won't even use in the future.''

Waste money? How cheap. Rosh knows that the duke'll go buy every single mana stones if Josh was the one who asks for them.

'Tch, jerk.'

''I...understand.''

Their conversation ended just like that, and he didn't speak or intrude their talk anymore.

It was a waste of saliva if he kept talking about nonsensical crap.

After eating with his family, Rosh went back to his room. Taking his bath and laid down on his bed.

''Goodnight, young master.'' Yves said.

''Yes, goodnight Yves.''

When his maid walked outside and closed the door shut, Rosh immediately stood up.

He opened one of his drawers where he have hidden the container of the nexus pendant that he bought from Luar's shop.

(A/N: Luar was the shop owner from chapter 6.)

Opening the small box, he again saw the sight of that powerful object.

Nexus pendant.

A rare kind of crafted necklace made by Jafar Asferdi, a known craftsman living in Hesprio Ergot, a village that existed even before the kingdom was founded.

The village people lived in peace and prosperity because of the blessing given to the village by the goddess of earth, Parvati.

But, their overflowing peace didn't stay long. The village was destroyed by the ancestors of Ainchleim kingdom.

Hesprio Ergot got covered by the artificial landslide by the Ainchleim people.

The village was near the mountains so it wasn't very hard to create a slight disturbance to the landforms and destroy the village in such a short time.

All the people either escaped to other lands or just died. The whole village became a town of junk in a single day. With all the landslides that occured, not even the soul of the place was seen again.

Hence, creating a newly formed mountain, also known as Mt. Hesperg. Named after the lost village of Hesprio Ergot.

The past-famous craftsman, Asferdi, left his newly created rare artifact unknown to the world and got buried in the depths of the mountain.

Very few people only know its existence if they are diligently studying about Asferdi himself.

Of course, Rosh was one of the knowledge holder for the pendant. He read almost every book in the kingdom so that he could surpass Josh in the past, unfortunately, his knowledge died in vain along himself.

The necklace could give the holder power to otherworldly max up every senses of the host to another level. Making them a hundred times more superior than of a beast.

Nonetheless, Rosh knew that Asferdi isn't stupid enough to create such a powerful thing without safety measures.

Now that his senses are a bit heightened, he can detect that the necklace was imbued with a strong spell that could block any absorbing magic.

However, such puny tricks could never hinder his path to the top.

''With the Siltheur's emblem, not even the dead can stop me.'' He muttered.

..

Flashback (A few hours ago)

Rosh couldn't stop thinking of what happened to the shop earlier. But, instead of thinking about trivial questions, he is wondering how much the ring could help him instead.

How did it happen? Does it ignore the laws of the world and just absorbs magic? How much power can it give me?

''I have to find out more.''

Deciding to find more knowledge about the relic he is possessing, Rosh took all the books related to the relic from their library.

He didn't leave a single reference wether he could get anything useful or not.

'Origins and Facts of Relics'.

Opening the book, he read through the table of contents to find anything about Siltheur's emblem. Then..

'Info about the Devil's relics': (Obus' crown) (Earrings of Alocer) (Iubolik's choker) (Siltheur's emblem) (Mroculd's peridot) etc...

''Found it.''

——

Siltheur's emblem
-one of the most vile devil's relic ever created by a possessed priest. A creature of evil that is in a form of a mesmerizing ring. Crafted from an almost indestructible materials using the essence of worship on hell.

It is made from the blood and soul of the sixteenth prince of the chasm, Amothursecod Ibensiltheur Neiougonjaval XII.

Also known as 'Siltheur', the devil of sin.

Has the ability to torment even the smallest flesh of life, both in Gehenna and the ground above. The devil who had the power to even take souls and ignores the balance of life and death.

The ring birthed from the self of the devil that symbolizes the opposite of every 'good' in existence. An object cursed with the falls of evil.

Siltheur's emblem. The ring that possesses the power to absorb every lingering energy from the non-living, living and the dead.

And at the side of darkness, it is invulnerable.

...

——

''The power to absorb energy from anything. The power that is undefeatable alongside darkness. And the perfect power for me to destroy everyone in this kingdom who looked at me with such ugly gazes.''

Rosh's cold eyes darkened and smiled maliciously by the facts he have just learned.

''Once again, the gods...just pitied the incarnation of Siltheur himself.''

***