Chapter 34

~*~

Flipping up the kingdom calendar, Rosh wrote an 'x' mark on one of the boxes before putting down his quill. He looked at his desk, rows of different daily issues are arising in noble families.

Slowly, businesses, statuses and circumstances of the nobles started to deteriorate, this is one of the major events that happened in his past life.

The 'Pause'.

The wave that shooked the sturdy ground of Ainchleim.

It isn't at all related to the shortage of food, water or necessities. In political views, it is more of the sudden crack to the solitude of independent nobles. They are those families who stand by their names without much connections with lower statuses.

In Rosh's past life, both low and higher ranked nobles started experiencing the decadence of their businesses due to headline article influence.

Proofs, evidence, witnesses and other information on the illegal activities of businesses, either truth or not, were documented by an unknown source.

The reveal caused a ripple in the reputation of the nobles. Shops, stores and campaigns were stopped by the situation.

Many commoners expressed their dissatisfaction on the 'dirt' hiding behind the 'clean' image of the nobles.

The effect of the cause was large, similar to its name, the normal cycle of the kingdom's general entrepreneurship halted like a pause.

Aphen Marquissate is one of the affected families of the Pause. Their income from their businesses and financial savings lowered.

Rosh could barely remember what happened to them if not for his photographic memory, he simply was too foolish before to even care about other families. But, as far as he knows, the struggle of the Aphens greatly impacted the Razon duchy. It was what led Josh to take the upperhand and save them from going down.

''But..''

Even by the sudden change in the timelines of the event, Rosh had everything predicted. Not to mention, he is playing Permitus' game just until recently.

The Aphens wouldn't be able to handle the pressure of financial poverty, and they will resort to the risk of underground gambling.

It will surely ruin them, along with the Razons since they're affiliated with the Aphens, and bury their family below.

However...

''It's too early. Too early than it was supposed to be. What exactly changed?'' He asked himself.

Yes, he had done a lot of fleeing from his past character but not big changes. There shouldn't be any big events changing from before.

The Pause is something that helped Josh show his intellect and credibility of being the duchy's successor. Not only will he be deemed as a genius, nobles will also treat him as a savior.

Rosh can't let that happen.

As of now, although Josh is very smart, he is too young. They're just eight! He will think that he shouldn't interfere with the adult problems.

Besides, the crown prince Arthur, is also present. Another genius thorn on Josh's side. Rosh could roughly guess that if Josh didn't take the initiative to stop the Pause, then Arthur will surely be the one to move behind the scenes.

The crown prince is cunning enough to convince Josh to do some simple stuff while he does the big ones, and when the nobles find out who revived the usual cycle of their businesses, the prince will push all the credit to Josh and raise his reputation.