Chapter 4

~*~

''A cursed relic, huh. What a piece of crap.'' Rosh said.

Reaching at the rope attached from the ceiling, Rosh pulled the lead. It was a kind of calling device that connects to his maid's room if he ever needed something.

Suddenly, a maid rushed inside his room without warning that almost caused him to jump.

''Young master Rosh!'' She said.

''Hello.''

The maid hurriedly walked to her young master and checked his body.

''I apologize for my discourtesy now, but where have you been? I've been so worried when you disappeared and I haven't even seen you since noon!'' She said.

The young maid is called Yves, she is 23 years old. She is his maid eversince he was born. Unfortunately, she died after protecting Josh from Rosh.

''Yves..''

''I was really worried about your safety, young master.'' She added.

Worry? Frustration crept into his heart.

Those sh*tty lies.

Deep inside, Rosh knows that these acts are only because she was ordered to monitor him.

He knew Yves was one of their female knights that pretended to be his maid for years.

Only then did he find out that his father was already planning on making Josh the heir.

They purposely put her as a personal maid to make Rosh have flaws and prevent him in having the spotlight in aristocratic society.

Rosh snickered in his mind. Unloyal and liar maid.

Then he put on a innocent face.

''I'm alright, I only went for a walk then lost track of time.'' He lied.

''Huuh, I'm relieved. Young master, don't do that ever again, you'll hurt yourself if I'm not with you.'' She said.

Rosh knew she just meant that she wanted to monitor him 24/7 so that she could report him to the duke.

Damn maid.

''Okay.''

''Ah, right. Young master, you should prepare by now. Dinner is almost ready, the madam and master and second young master is also getting ready for supper.'' Yves suggested.

A hint of bitterness glistened in Rosh's eyes for a second but got covered with his small smile.

''No, tell mother and father that I'll eat here. I'm tired.'' Rosh made a quite lame excuse.

Actually, he just doesn't want to see those people yet. He have to prepare himself before anything else. And, they won't bother to ask for him for he knows they only need Josh.

Yves became a little confused with the actions of the first young master. Weird, he wasn't like this before.

''Ah..I see. Yes, young master.'' She said and bowed before she went out again.

After Yves was gone, only then did Rosh's face hardened.

''Foolish woman.''

-

The next day..

Rosh's eyes transferred to the other corner of his room when he heard someone knock.

''...young master, it is I, Hugo.''

''Come in.''

The door opened revealing a tall well-built man in a knight's light armor. He went inside the room and bowed slightly at the young master.