Chapter 28

~*~

Rosh commanded him to kneel. The empty shell of Zebed crouched on one knee as his soulless eyes looked down on the ground.

His mind was washed as if he was a newborn demon. His once sharp and distinct golden eyes became dull and his tanned skin slowly became pale, while his red hair had its color faded and changed to brown.

''You, a mere nothing to me, will be reborn into something. You will become my servant. Your loyalty, your life, your soul and your mind will be mine alone. You will not act unless you are ordered, you will not refuse or deny any of my decisions or my commands, even if it means killing yourself. If I die, you die. Offer your life to me, and you will rise at greater means.''

Zebed's golden eyes slowly regained color but was tinted with a hint of red. It was exotic yet isn't unique. He lifted his gaze to his new master.

''I shall offer every piece of me to you, my master. Own me! Seal me in your soul with a new identity. I am begging, milord.''

Rosh smiled viciously.

''You are Luar.''

***

Early at dawn, the nobles felt worried and confused at the same time. The searching knights are still on patrol trying to find the lost children.

But duke Razon felt something amiss, like he had forgotten something but doesn't have a clue what.

Suddenly, the searching squad appeared with four unconscious children in their arms. They have a few mild bruises and dirty clothes.

''The lost young master and young miss are found!''

The noble families of Schneider, Rome and Lune went and frantically circled around their children.

Excluding the Razon couple. Josh was the only one very worried for Rosh, the duke and the duchess only have worried faces but didn't bother to take care of him.

''Call the physician!''

The next day...

Rosh opened his eyes, finding himself on the bed. As if on cue, Yves also went inside his room with a tray full of simple dishes.

'So much for a duke's son.' He thought dreadfully.

''Young master, you're awake! I'm so happy. Are you alright?'' Yves said worried. Rosh quietly scoffed, as if she would be. But then, he smiled sweetly.

''I'm okay, Yves. Nothing happened to us, just hurt a little since we were thrown in a dungeon.''

''Oh young master, how dare such peasant kidnapped your esteemed self!'' She said, faking her disdain. Finally, she sighed and gave him his breakfast. ''Here young master, you must've been hungry, please have a meal.''

''Of course, thank you, Yves.'' The maid bowed her head and left.

Rosh then glared coldly at the dishes.

'This...must be the reason.'

In his past life, one of the reason why Josh immediately excelled in activities is because he was weak.

His body was frail, but he was healthy before that. Rosh believed that it was all because of his natural body state, but seeing things now, guess he was wrong.

'Hah! Why didn't he ever notice before?'

Those damned excuse for parents! He gripped the side of his bed that he almost broke it.

It took a while before he calmed himself down.

'Amros.'

He called Amros out. The incstrile in his mind then transformed into his humanoid form from the shadows.