Chapter 6

~*~

''I am Luar, the owner of this store. How may I help you?''

The man claiming to be the store's owner, Luar, carefully showed his respects to the young man who's obviously a noble because of his attire and his knight.

Meticulously gazing at him, Rosh felt a rush of enthrallment.

He got intrigued by the old man for unknown reasons. His gut feeling is telling him that this man isn't only mysterious, but also held a strange power. A dangerous glint passed from his eyes for a second.

Then, he plastered a sly smile then silently snickered. ''Heh..''

Luar wasn't foolish enough to not see through the young man's facade. In his years of disguising as an old store owner with his power, this is the first time he've ever seen such a living puzzle.

He then thought. 'This kid is dangerous. How surprising.'

He thought that it was really hard not to pique interest towards Rosh's secret. Such a young man, yet as clever as a man who just lived a second life.

Little did he know, Rosh did live a second life.

''Hello, mister. I was just passing by and got curious of your store. Can we look around?'' Rosh asked 'politely'.

''Why of course, you shall see what you wish, young sire.'' Luar said.

Rosh nodded and proceeded into the shelves and corners of the place. Hugo remained behind him but sometimes glances at Luar.

Sensing an energy even more greater than the one Rosh once felt before coming inside, he walked through the display tables with some old accessories

He felt faint magic inside every object, but still not the one he was looking for.

His eyes wandered through the items and stopped his gaze in a single necklace.

It was a slim silver chained necklace with a carved black hexagon gem in the middle. A small smile escaped from his lips. This is it.

The item containing the greatest power out of all the things in the display.

Luar's eyes went to the necklace Rosh was looking at. He grinned.

The nexus pendant.

'Not bad, kid.'

That pendant is a hidden necklace deep under the grounds of Mount Hesperg.

It contains a great amount of energy that gives the ability to enhance the senses of the holder for more than a hundred times than normal.

Rosh stared at the thing, and after a few moments, his eyes widened. Fortunately, Hugo didn't see this suspicious and confusing reaction from his young master.

'N-nexus pendant!' Rosh mentally celebrated.

Looking back at Luar, Rosh called. ''Mister owner.''

Luar smiled and went over to Rosh. ''Did something caught your eyes, young sir..?''

''That..I'd take that necklace.'' Rosh pointed at the nexus pendant.

''I see, you have good eyes, young sir. This pendant necklace have been here for so long. But no one gets the chance to see its beauty for they judge my store's quality from the outside.'' Luar said.

''Is that so? Then, I'll buy this necklace in their stead. Hugo.''

Hugo took one gold coin from the coin pouch he is hiding, which is the money Rosh bought. He's lucky that his father is still the duke, that way, he won't have a problem with money at all.