Chapter 14

~*~

''You..who are you? How did you..?'' Rosh said confused.

''Your questions will be answered later, Rosh. I think it's time for you to actually go back to your room. The sun is rising.''

Now that the creature said, the area outside was slowly being dim as the sun from the west started rising as time passes by. Rosh stood up and hurriedly went back.

The creature disappeared too as it merged with his shadow.

The butler will surely see him if he doesn't hurry. Rosh used his power to travel through the shadows of the mansion walls so he could arrive at his room. The sun will rise at the west and his room is on the west wing! He won't be able to travel from the shadows if the walls was hit by the sunlight.

Rosh barely managed to get inside of his room using his 'always open' window.

''Haah..'' He sighed as he swiped the dust off his nightwear.

It was already sunrise. He hurriedly lie down on his bed mattress and covered himself with his blanket. Closing his eyes, Rosh breathed deeply as he slept a short nap.

After an hour or so, Yves knocked on the door before coming in.

''Young master, please wake up, I have to prepare you for the morning dine.'' She said.

Rosh slowly opened his eyes and stretched his arms as he sat up.

''Goodmorning, Yves.'' He said with his fake nice smile.

''Yes, goodmorning, young master.'' Yves said as she smiled.

They both went inside the bathing area, Rosh took off his clothes and dipped his body to the lukewarm water while Yves started cleaning him up. His physique haven't matured yet because of his age so it wasn't embarrassing for him to be bathed by her.

After washing up, Rosh changed into some decent clothes and left for the dining hall.

They arrived at just the right time. Rosh greeted his family. ''A pleasant morning, father, mother, and brother.''

''Likewise, sit down now and eat, Rosh.'' The duchess said.

''Yes, mother.'' Rosh said as he sat beside Josh.

''Goodmorning, brother.'' Josh said and smiled sweetly at him. Rosh did the same.

''Hmm, goodmorning too.''

The four of them started eating as the servants arranged their meals for them. Gracefully, Rosh quietly ate his part as the others started talking about their own matters.

Rosh started thinking about what happened earlier in the morning. It was a very strange event. After he absorbed the power of Anselm's vitreus, that creature suddenly voiced out inside his mind and even manipulated a part of his magic.

An almost impossible feat.

How?

What kind of existence could even have the ability to control a blessing aside from their own?

Confusion and irritation amalgamated Rosh's mind causing him to tighten his hold on his utensils.

''Is something wrong, brother?''

Rosh came back to his senses when he heard his brother's voice. It seems like everyone noticed his mixed expressions.

''Oh, I apologize for perturbing everyone, I am only reminiscing my studies with Sir Diego. We are going to have a quiz soon.'' Rosh covered up with a lie.