Chapter 21

~*~

''Rosh, you brat!'' The duke was enraged. How could he just humiliate his father shamelessly?!

Rosh hid a sly smirk.

'Well, isn't this such a rare sight? The duke was again caught in a trap.'

''As expected of my master.''

'Enough with the flattery, Amros. Let's take the second step.'

Showing a very sad and pitiful face, Rosh started to drop his fake tears.

Everyone was startled.

''I-I'm sorry, father. I know that you don't like me but I always read in a book that honesty is the best policy. So I..''

Josh was undoubtly very surprised.

''Brother..w-what are you saying?''

''I thought it'll make father proud if I follow honesty but I guess I was wrong..I'm sorry!''

Rosh sniffed pitifully. While under his trembling lips was a chuckle that he tried hard not to muffle.

Everybody was tricked by his act.

They started to sympathize the young boy, completely forgetting all the bad words he spoke just a minute ago.

'In 3..2...1..'

Before the duke could shout at him again, the lights surrounding the halls all together blacked out.

''The lights went out!''

''W-what's happening!?''

''Mother, where are you?!''

''Is there an event happening or what?''

''Seriously? Where are the restorers?!''

The dark didn't affect Rosh at all since he was used in working through dark places.

He felt a person's hand cover his mouth with a scented cloth. That must have been Sean Virsh trying to put him into sleep.

Although, Rosh have great resistance towards such effects, he didn't save himself this time.

'Amros, look over him when I sleep. Call me when we've arrived.'

''Your orders have been received, Master.''

As he heard Amros' answer, Rosh's vision slowly faded away as he fell unto his slumber.

*

The hooded man, Sean Virsh, hastily travelled into the forest as he carried four children alone.

He didn't have any intention in taking the girl, specifically Eveia, with him. However, the young child of that bastard duke was holding on her so he didn't have any choice but to take her with him.

It was actually quite a good thing since he had more hostages to use.

After half an hour, Sean Virsh arrived at an old warehouse deep in the alleyway of the slums.

He laid the sleeping children in line and tightly tied their hands and feet to avoid escapees.

Looking at them with remorse, Sean laughed sarcastically.

''You damned nobles who only knew how to look down on others and groom yourself, I'll show you what us commoners can do. Let's see if you can try and take back these brats.''

Sean Virsh trapped the children in a cell of a dungeon under the warehouse basement.

The children were all still deeply affected by the sleeping scent.