Chapter 25

~*~

''Ugh!''

The two boys, Samuel and Enzo let go of the cell bars and sat down with tiredness evident in her eyes.

They have been trying to find a way to break the bars, but it won't even budge an inch. Although it was already kind of old, the strength of two little children won't be able to break it.

''Haah! Haah! It's impossible, we won't be able to get out of here.'' Enzo said weakly as he leaned on the wall with sore limbs.

''Get some rest for a while.'' Rosh said. Samuel sighed worriedly.

''What do we do now? Our strength alone aren't enough.'' He thought deeply.

Eveia eyed the bars with itchy hands, she's greedy to use her fire blessing right now, although it was a bit weaker than her past life's it was still efficient in weakening the cell. But how is she gonna explain to them about her powers?

Rosh gazed at their backs with careful wariness, and with a silent whisper..

The second step is carried.

Boogsh!

The far side of the basement suddenly exploded, making their tired faces change to shock and alertness.

Clack clack clack!

''Young master!''

A man with a knight's outfit came running infront of their cell. Rosh immediately acted and ran towards him.

''Sir!'' Rosh shouted. He held the bars of their cell with a shaky breath. But for only less than a second, his eyes glowed a red tint.

Samuel looked suspiciously at the man.

''Who are you? Do you know this person, Rosh?''

He looked at the Rome brat and nodded continuously. ''Yes, he's one of the knights I know!''

His statement didn't reduce Samuel's suspicion at all, and it was to be expected.

''Then..how did you find this place? How did you track us?'' Samuel interrogated.

''When I heard that the young master was kidnapped, I actually panicked and tried to follow your kidnapper. But I lost him.'' The man said.

''If you lost our abductor, how in the world did you even follow us?'' Eveia butted in.

''Eversince I was a child, my sense of smell is very sensitive. Since the young master and I have been acquainted for a long time, I am very familiar with his scent. I just followed his trace.'' He explained.

''Now, that is one heck of a cool posh move! I salute you, sir!'' Enzo said. Eveia then hitted the back of his head.

''Language!'' Enzo pouted.

Samuel then scolded them.

''Stop bickering now!'' They both stopped. Samuel looked at the man and asked sternly. ''Can you help us escape?''

The man smiled widely. ''Of course! That's what I'm here for, young lord.''

''Thank you, sir!'' Rosh said happily.

''Please step back for a moment, young graces, I do not want you to obtain some injury after this.'' They looked at each other before stepping back.

The man took out his sword. He gathered strength and force from his arms and powerfully slashed the bars.

Clang! Clang!

The bars of the cell immediately flew away, making a passageway. The children coughed as dust scattered around the air.