Chapter 35

~*~

After the playdate, Rosh returned to his room and requested not to be disturbed by anyone except Hugo.

He sat on his bed and summoned Amros.

''Master.''

''Amros, list out those with the greatest link to the king and the highest in-line to the throne there could ever be besides the dukes.'' Rosh ordered.

''Yes, Master.''

The incstrile twirled his index finger and a horizontal paper appeared in his hand.

''There are a few individuals left excluding the royal brat from before.'' Amros cleared his throat. ''First, the Viscount Biren, descendant from the last surviving brother of the king, fourth in line to the throne if ever the left heirs of the royal family die.''

''Biren..no. They are still on high grounds, they have enough riches and they have a good life. Too good natured. Next option.''

''Next is, the young second cousin of Marquis Aphen, Lerman. Third in line to the throne, directly related to the queen's——''

''I don't want to use someone related to the Aphens, I've had enough of those gits.'' Rosh waved his hand dismissively.

''Very picky as you can be.'' Amros burned the paper with magic and crossed his arms.

''The heir of Pascano duchy is second in line after the prince, they're a duke's family, so they're out of the choices. Are there really no one else we can use?'' Rosh muttered.

''That isn't quite correct, Master.''

Amros coughed to get his Rosh's attention. ''Actually, you still have another option.''

This caught the boy's ears, he looked up to Amros with arched brows, telling him to continue, the violet eyed humanoid grinned.

''Tell me.'' Rosh said.

''The Pascano heir isn't the original second in line to the throne after the royal brat.''

''...what?''

-

***

The servants bowed their heads and opened the door to the dining hall for Hyacinth to enter. There she saw her little sister, her raven hair falling softly at the side of her shoulders.

Catherine, a pretty lady in her early twenties and the young miss' nanny, stood beside the girl's chair, supporting her body from falling and feeding her at the same time.

''My lady.'' The servants greeted Hyacinth.

The girl lifted her head, her light cerulean orbs showing perfectly.

''Sister.''

Hyacinth just nodded and sat on the chair next to her. They started eating while Catherine continued to feed the girl.

In the middle of their dinner, the window suddenly opened and Carlos jumped in. Everyone almost attacked him before stopping when they saw who it was.

''Carlos..'' Hyacinth said before the nanny took the win.

''Carlos, you rude idiot! Have you gone mad? The ladies are in the middle of dinner, have some manners. And why are you going through the window?! Doors exist if I may tell you! What if the young miss fell down of shock? What if she had a seizure? What if——!''

''H-Hold on, calm down, Catherine. I-I apologize my lady, young miss..''

Carlos lost his usual composure and put his hand at the back of his neck. He was embarrassed on how his older sister just scolded him infront of their masters.