Chapter 23

~*~

(Past)

Ainchleim's 1037th Imperial Year...

The ten year old Rosh looked at his parents and twin brother smiling and having tea from afar.

It was a day after their birthday, he was forbidden from going out because of the mistake he made yesterday.

His eyes were all filled with envy and sadness seeing such happiness Josh is receiving.

'They're having fun..'

Rosh clenched his fists and bit his lip. The corner of his eyes warmed as he felt his tear duct filling.

A big hand then patted his head. Rosh turned around and saw his grandfather.

''Young lad, why the sad face?''

The old noble, who usually lives with a stern face, showed a smile. Emmanuel del Razon, the retired duke of the dukedom. And the only person who knows what Rosh truly feels.

''Grandpa..''

Rosh took a glance at the pavilion where his family are and looked down.

His grandfather followed his trailed sight and saw his greedy son, his daughter-in-law and his other grandson having tea.

Emmanuel's face flipped into a furious expression. How could his own son neglect his grandson like this?!

''Why, that foolish man!''

Understanding his grandfather's reaction, Rosh held his arm.

''Calm down, It's alright, grandpa. Father would be even more mad at me if you scold them.''

''My boy, you shouldn't tolerate that stupid father of yours!''

Rosh shooked his head and smiled. Although his father treats him like that, he can't. He shouldn't. Since he must surpass Josh and prove himself better.

''I'm truly fine, grandpa. Now that grandpa's here, I feel better.''

''Hm, you're getting more skilled in using flattery, my grandson.''

''Simply because of you, grandpa.''

Emmanuel felt pleased. His anger for his foolish son died down because of his grandson. He really doesn't know why Jeremiah couldn't appreciate his own flesh and blood.

The old man laughed heartily.

''If that's what you say, why don't you come with this old relative of yours?''

''Uhm, alright, grandpa!''

The two turned their backs and left hand in hand.

Rosh followed his grandfather inside the deep forest part of their estate grounds.

He kept looking everywhere as his grandfather quietly leaded him somewhere. Rosh looked up on Emmanuel.

''Where are we going, grandpa?'' Emmanuel looked down at him and smiled. ''A secret place of mine when I was younger.''

A few minutes of continuous walking, the two arrived infront of a temple. It looked fascinating. The pillars and walls were purely made with clean light marble, the double doors doesn't have any knobs, and many corners of the temple seems to have a line segment.

The young boy plastered an amazed face by the sight.

''Woah..''

''What do you think, Rosh?''

Rosh magnanimously showed his expressive happy feelings.

''It looks heavenly. What is this place, grandpa?''