Chapter 1

~*~

Rosh Edward del Razon.

He is the first son of duke Jeremiah del Razon and duchess Roxanna Iare-del Razon.

Rosh is a very ambitious man that is buried deep by his inferiority complex against his younger twin brother, Josh Edmund del Razon.

Eversince he was young, the attention and affection that the duke and duchess have given him is barely even comparable to his twin.

They loved his twin more.

His mother and father loved how Josh was more gentle, smart, and perfect. Unlike him who is quiet and practically average.

That's why Josh was chosen as the heir even though he was the oldest.

How unfair exactly is this world?

Why do they love him so much? Why can't they treat me the same? Rosh always had those thoughts carved in his mind.

He tried to do his best, but Josh can still do 'better'. He tried to act accordingly to their wishes, yet Josh could do it 'more naturally'.

But it still wasn't enough. How exactly can he be like Josh?

Years passed, Rosh continued to maintain his jealousy for his twin. He grew up, trying to go ahead Josh, and unconsciously went to the path of evil.

He manipulated a group of corrupt officials, criminals and assassin just to try and kill his twin. But all of those failed, everytime he initiates his plans, Josh always had a way to escape death.

Josh have been given the blessing of light, which gave him the power to wield light magic and protect himself from evil.

Rosh almost gave up.

Until he met Selina Vesta. A beautiful girl with soft brown hair and pink eyes. She was a girl that could wield the infamous healing magic.

Rosh fell in love.

He tried to pursue her, but..

''I'm sorry. I only have Josh in my heart.''

At one moment, Rosh's world crumbled down.

She loved his twin? If so, why was she so good to him? Why did she act like she's the only one who understands me? Did she decieve me too?

Rosh became fully eaten by the darkness in his heart.

'Josh, Josh, Josh, it's always Josh! Why, why do they like him so much?! What does he have that I don't?!'

Because of his undying and uncomparable envy and hatred, he was gifted with the blessing of darkness.

Again, he tried to kill Josh. Sacrificing many lives to strengthen his magic. Killing the ones who dares to access betrayal. He became..merciless.

He became a monster that was born from his own hatred.

Hiding through the shadows, waiting for the right time to start his plan to kill Josh once again. After his twin became the duke and married Selina Vesta, he started to take action.

Secretly putting spies on the Razon Manor and even poisoned the new duchess just to make Josh suffer.

Not for long, Rosh was caught.

He was taken to the court and got named as a murderer by his own twin. Rosh's emotions haven't felt more surging than before.

It was painful. Why can't they understand him?

At the day of is execution, everyone saw him as the mask he cloaked himself with. A criminal.

As his executioner held the sword up high and sped it down straight to Rosh's neck, everything stopped. Like a slow-motion.

Rosh's gaze went straight to Josh's eyes.

Have you ever notice my existence too..? Brother..

***