Chapter 30

~*~

Hugo was ordered by the duke to watch the first young master daily once again since they believed he had recovered from the incident.

He was a bit doubtful by the duke's behavior in the morning but didn't bother to ask.

Walking towards the young master's room at the west wing, Hugo, with his sharp senses, felt two other presences inside.

Although Hugo wasn't the type to eavesdrop, his curiousity took over him. He listened to the conversation inside.

''—Fools! Truly fools!''

He was internally surprised. He was sure that it was Rosh's voice, but with a different air. Hugo couldn't began to ponder.

The shy Rosh Razon acting like a completely sarcastic and confident person? It was like the so-called impossible became true.

''Ain't this satisfying, Amros? Knowing that they don't even know what's truly happening. Pfft!''

Hugo listened again and heard another musculine and mature voice.

''Correct, Master. It is.'' Hugo assumed that it was the 'Amros' person Rosh was referring to.

Hugo continued to listen to their conversation. It was all about insulting and berating the ducal family, it felt preposterous to Hugo. Is the first young master really like this behind closed doors?

Instantly, the voices from the room stopped, and the halls became strangely eery. Hugo turned to the surroundings and became alerted.

What's going on? My mana didn't detect anything? Hugo thought as he looked around.

It became unusually dimmed and the end of the hallways became lengthened and endless.

Suddenly, multiple groups of snake creatures entered the place and tried to attack him. Hugo, who panicked, took out his sword and tried to kill them.

Slash! Clash! Hiss! Slash!

Blood trickled and splashed on the clean walls but the snakes seemed to not mind their wounds.

All of them continued to attack him and more snakes came inside like a river.

Hugo felt himself sweat and tired. He is a trained knight, how could he not stop something like this?

Where the fvck are they all coming from!?

Exhausted, his body started to slow down making it easier for the snakes to overpower him. They started to slither around his body, trapping him like vines.

The snakes have cuffed his limbs, unabling him to move because when he did, their grips becomes tighter.

He didn't move anymore, he didn't want to risk having his arms cut after all.

A man with light skin, reddish brown hair and lifeless dull eyes exited the room and dragged Hugo inside with one hand.

Hugo felt himself on the floor, infront of the first young master Rosh, the man who dragged him and another man with long black hair and violet eyes.

Then Rosh tilted his head and smiled at him.

''Hello, Hugo.''

Hugo felt chills shiver down his spine, he gulped but remained the calmness in his expression.

Rosh signaled something to the black haired man, the man then snapped his fingers and the snakes suddenly turned into ash.

''Y-young master.'' He spoke.