Chapter 12

~*~

Diego finally gave in to Rosh's orders and pledged to mention him when the time he was already of age to attend the academy. Diego doesn't have any choice anyway.

That is because of the restraint Rosh sealed in him. He wouldn't be able to tell anyone about the matters they have talked about too, or he will be choked to death.

After that day, Rosh and his teacher continued to learn as many things as he could.

He told Diego a few information about himself, and also a few clues about Therese Nackario and his family. Rosh didn't reveal everything such as his magic, he wanted Diego to be ignorant of those secrets and only show his power when necessary.

Yves also continued to monitor Rosh, eyeing his actions. Rosh, of course, noticed her moves and acted more naturally ignorant.

It wasn't hard for Rosh to pretend accordingly opposite to what his maid and father's expected suspicions, hence, they were foolishly convinced that he was still unaware of their plans.

Their conclusions was seen as laughably stupid in Rosh's perspective.

...

''Ready positions.'' Diego said as both of them put on a stance.

They are in the estate's training area a few weeks after they talked.

Rosh and Diego are now proceeding with their swordsmanship lesson, which is one of the basic subject for males. They stood a few meters from each other, both held a wooden sword.

''..start!'' As Diego shouted, he then attacked Rosh head on.

With his actions, Rosh smiled with mockery. He hastily stepped in different directions as he dodged Diego's slashes using only a few percent of his agility.

Rosh chuckled and did a backflip as Diego slashed his sword horizontally. Rosh stepped back and slightly bend his knees as he prepared his sword.

He ran towards his teacher and striked a straight attack, Diego defended using his sword.

Clang! Clang!

The two hit their wooden swords many times as they continuously drive their strength against each other.

Diego may be older, Rosh could still surpass his strength and speed because of his experience and secret training.

As their swords hit, Rosh stepped back and dash towards Diego. When the man became ready, Rosh suddenly stopped his tracks. With his beastly senses, he knew that his father, Josh and another person is coming their way.

Rosh threw his sword and pushed himself back on the ground and acted as if he was exhausted, while Diego became confused.

In the training area's entrance, three persons entered. It was the duke, Josh and a man, he looked like an instructor. Diego understood that Rosh wanted to pretend as if he was lacking in swordsmanship so Diego played along with him.

When the duke saw how Rosh was on the ground with his sword away from him, he knew that he was right. His first son is still the same, useless.

''Sir Diego, it is nice to see you again.'' Duke Jeremiah said.

Diego bowed slightly. ''Yes, it is an honor to be here once again, duke.''

His eyes looked at the young boy beside the duke. He looked like Rosh except that he had blue eyes instead of red. Josh smiled.

''Hello, sir Diego.''

''Ah, yes. Greetings to you too, young master Josh.''

''You're an amazing teacher, sir Diego. Thank you for always taking care of my brother.'' Josh said and smiled.

Rosh blankly stared at Josh while clenching his fists and mentally cursing him. Diego noticed all of these little details and wondered if Rosh hated his twin.

Diego was comfortable with Josh's presence. He was bright, gentle and mannered. Diego couldn't stop thinking why Rosh would hate such a kind child.

''I am flattered, young master. Young master Rosh is a very obedient child, he have improved a lot too.'' Diego tried to compliment Rosh.

''Improved eh? Hm, that must be why Rosh was on the ground after a simple fight.'' The duke said with a bit of insult in his tone.

Josh's teacher, Francis Amadel, sneered at Rosh. The proud teacher of Josh have always hated the first young master of the Razons, not only because of him being the useless son, but also because of his teacher, Diego, which Francis held jealousy on.

Rosh only stared at Francis and later ignored him, this caused Francis to be enraged.

''Ah, please don't be too hard on the first young master, lord duke. It seems this level of training is still a bit extreme, especially for the young master's level.'' Said Francis as he indirectly mocked Rosh.

Rosh knew that Francis' words clearly meant that a simple duel is very hard for someone as worthless as him.

Diego sharpened his eyes at the grinning Francis as he heard those words. That man is obviously insulting Rosh!

''You are such a good man, sir Francis. Even caring and bother to concern this first son of mine.''

The duke was ignorant of what's behind Francis' words and only understood what he saw on the surface, Francis is caring for his lowly son.

Diego almost cursed the duke of his foolishness, who the hell would think that such words we're used for concern?!

Pft!

Rosh mentally chuckled. That arrogant man who thought he could bother him with an insult, his twin brother who is so innocent to be aware of what's behind such statements, and his foolish father who completely misunderstood the meaning of those worries.

'Man, I'm surrounded by idiots.'

''I-I'm sorry, father. I'll do better..n-next time.'' Rosh said as he lowered his head.

Diego had a mixed expression plastered on his face. If he didn't know about Rosh's true personality, he would have had believed that he was just a talentless kid trying to please his father. Rosh really have some talent for acting.

''Tsk, you better do. Even Josh could defeat one of our knights in a serious battle, yet you can't even win a practice fight.'' The duke spatted.

''I'm sorry, father.'' Rosh said.

''Tss!'' His father hissed.

''Father, please don't scold brother. You know he isn't fond of doing these kinds of activities, don't be too hard on him.'' Josh said as he smiled at Rosh.

''Hah, you are not only talented but also a very good child, my son. Unlike this brother of yours.''

Rosh fumed in anger. Even if he was doing this on purpise for his plan, he still felt as if his pride was being stepped on. Josh just stated that he is not fit for any activities!

'No, I can't explode now, there's always a time for that. I have to calm down or my plans will be bended.'

''I have shown you a disgraceful scene, sir Diego.'' Duke Jeremiah said.

''Ah..no, Lord duke. It's fine.'' Diego answered. He saw how the duke just openly looked down on his own son, no wonder Rosh hated them.

''I see, then I will leave now. Sir Francis and Josh will also proceed on their lessons.'' Said the duke and left.

Francis silently snickered at them before he and Josh went on their own areas. Diego looked at Rosh who was now wearing a cold look.

''Are you alrigh——''

''Don't finish your words. Those meaningless worries must never cross your mind. Why? Because there's no way those puny insults from my father or any other people can affect me. Let's go.'' Said Rosh as he turned back and picked up his sword once again.

Diego can only sigh as he saw how this young child endures everything even from his own parents. He realizes that those facts are the reason why Rosh became a devil himself.

***