Chapter 37

~*~

Rosh went near Anya's face, making her step back in fright. She froze when he lifted his hand and twirled her hair around his finger, with a small smile on his lips.

''So..where do you live, Anya? It's unlikely for some little girl to wander around in the forest in this time of the night.'' He stated.

''W-why would I tell you! And why do you even c-care if I'm here?'' Anya looked at him with dimmed eyes, trying to lessen the littlest actions she does.

She was afraid, truly afraid. She could feel it, him emanating such dangerous energy, his body seemed as if it's filled with mana. Just what is his blessing?

''Hmm, I just want to help you get back.'' Rosh said, obviously unsincere.

''Liar! Just..just leave me alone!'' Anya shrieked and whimpered as he frowned in distaste.

Rosh raised a brow looking at her incredulously. ''So unrefined. Are you really a royal?'' He slightly lowered his voice by the end, though it was not at all effective as Anya still heard him.

She looked at him in confusion. Royal? What does he mean?

''What?''

''Nothing.''

''No, you said something.'' She repeated her thoughts.

''Even if I did, that's not really any of your concern is it now? Anya.'' He said sternly. Although she became slightly scared, her questions doesn't want to be left unanswered.

''But I want to know. I know this is about me, okay? You were referring to me!''

''Hah..''

Really. Curiousity could kill the cat. And she's more like a weak little kitten. How is she so brave? The boy thought.

''You said 'royal'. I heard you, what did you mean by that?'' She insisted to ask.

''Well, you heard it wrong.'' Rosh began and chuckled at her suspicious face. ''It seems you aren't being cleansed enough by whoever's with you at your home. Your ear needs cleaning.'' He sneered.

Anya looked at him in disbelief. She's not dirty! She never was! Despite being locked up in an isolated estate for years, her sister never failed to provide her high quality products. Mostly because some items with low quality have substances that could make her sick.

''I'm not dirty!''

Rosh scoffed and looked at her from top to bottom.

Her nightdress was tattered, stained in dirt and is crumpled due to her crawling from the doghole earlier.

''You're right.'' He said. ''You look more filthy and defiled by five maniacs. Dirty is a weak description.''

''You..y-you! Ugh!''

She couldn't stand him! Like, at all.

Anya is a very obedient and mannered child, she was taught to keep her feelings and emotions to herself. But it seems that she couldn't really stop herself from erupting whenever she tries to speak with this certain someone whom she just met!

His whole presence irritates her, but even so, she couldn't really do anything big as she knows he is stronger than her, by a whole lot.

Rosh grinned and quietly chuckled again. The girl is such a clueless comedian, he couldn't help but want to tease her. Such a powerful girl, but is noticeably still a child at heart and in mind.

He walked towards her, startling her and making her step back.

''W-what? Don't come any closer..''

Ignoring her words, he stretched his arm forward. Out of fear, the girl shut his eyes tight, she waited for pain to come. But it didn't.