Scp 087 and Bright

"Hey bright! Me and kondraki are going out drinking tonight, wanna come?"

"Hell yea-"

"Absolutely not. Remember the list of things you can't do? This is on the list."

Dr. Gears stepped in and stoped bright where he was.

"And besides, all of you drunk is going to be the end of the world."

"Eh, ok. Bye!"

Dr. Bright watched as the 2 left.

"You know with how often they hang out I think they might be a couple."

"Well then I saved you from third wheeling."

Dr. Bright let out a half chuckle and walked back to his office.

It looked nothing like what others thought it to be, it was neat and organized, everything was in the place it was meant to be a bright didn't need to change it.

With all that being said bright sat down onto his chair and began to finish the last page of his assignment.

It was quite boring but he finished it in 10 minutes.

With everything else being done with already he was left to keep himself occupied.

He decided a walk around the facility would be great for him as it helped release all this pent up energy.

He walked out of his office and arpund the corner going to the infinite staircase that was oddly close to his room.

He opened the door and walked in feeling a cold breeze hit him.

He had done this many times before, never encountering the ghost face or even hear the little girl supposedly calling out.

He had read the scps file and deemed it safe for himself to go into, of course without others knowing.

He started down the long decent into the dark staircase.

"Fuck I forgot a flashlight."

Suddenly a flashlight was thrown at him.

He caught it but was slightly confused where it came from. He looked around and all he could see was plain darkness and nothing.

He turned on the flashlight and looked around, still nothing he could see.

"Alright then, thank you mysterious staircase."

And so bright started walking down the steps, flashlight in hand as he whistles a silent tune to keep him company.

~~~A little bit later~~~

"Where the fuck is he?!"

Dr. Iceberg shouted at all the other scientists, it was uncommon for him to do this but bright was missing and no one knew where he went.

"Has anyone checked the cameras?"

Dr. Clef intervened, he and kondraki had come back a while ago to find the whole facility on lockdown.

It was funny to them at first thinking an scp got out and then they realised that bright was missing when someone told them.

Everyone was silent at clefs question.

"No? Ok then let's go look"

Dr. Gears, Iceberg, Clef, Kondraki, and glass all started their walk to the control room.

"He couldn't of gotten far, you have the whole place on lockdown. Which is overkill if you ask me."

Iceberg looks at clef with a glare.

"Dr. Bright is just as dangerous as a Keter scp. His mind isn't sane anymore and we risk him killing innocent lives."

The walk to the cameras was silent after that, not even a joke said to someone else.

They reached the cameras and looked at the ones surveilling Dr. Brights office.

"See look, he's just gone out of his... hey isn't that scp 087 he just walked into?"

Kondraki gave the others a quick glance,

"It's an infinite staircase we suspect, we tried doing tests but everyone who entered died at like the 200th floor."

The group looked at eachother and then back at the screen.

"I gues we have to go in after him, who knows where his necklace is now."

Everyone mentally groaned at the thought of having to walk down stairs.

When they reached the door they saw it was already unlocked, proving their suspicion.

"Alright everyone, get your flashlights ready, it's going to get dark quick."

Dr. Glass shudders at the thought of pure darkness. It scared him to not extent that there could be anything in this staircase.

~~~Time skip~~~

"How much longer in this fuckin' thing are we gonna have ta walk?!"

Clef gave out an angry growl, it had been well over an hour and still no signs of bright anywhere.

"I'm sure he's here somewhere."

Dr. Gear was always calm in situations like these, it helped Iceberg also get a grip on his emotions.

They all looked down at the platform below them and saw a figure sitting there, talking about something by itself.

"Bright?"

Glass managed to mutter out, it almost sounded like he was scared it was something else.

"Huh? Why are you guys down here? Shouldn't you be making sure this site doesn't go to hell?"

Bright joked a bit, the others all looked unamused with his antics.

"Right. Ok, not the time."

Bright stood up and walked past the group with no words.

That was unusual for Bright but they all followed him back up.

~~~Time Skip~~~

"So you wanna explain why you decided going into that hell of a staircase would be a good idea?"

Kondraki seemed pissed. His breath was uneven and his balance was off center because of how much his knees hurt.

"It's a great place to go, I mean, there's no sounds, it's cold, it's pure darkness and no one can hear you talk to yourself!"

They could see a flash of red in brights brown eyes. And Dr. Glass could see how off the edge bright actually was for a moment.

"Anyway, thanks for the concern but honestly I don't need it! I'm immortal after all,"

Brights voice seemed to trail off at the 'immortal' part and the group could sense his aura start to fade a bit.

"Well good night!"

Bright ran off to his office and they all heard his door slam.

"He does realize that it's now 4 in the morning, right?"

Dr. Gear broke the unusual silence for the group.

They hadn't realized it'd taken them that long to get to bright and go back up.

"I guess we should all head that way, a few hours of sleep is better than none."

Clef said, starting to trail off to where ever he went to sleep in the foundation.

The group silently split apart, going to their respective places and areas.

They were concerned for bright but that would have to wait for later in the morning, after they've all had their coffee.