Who am I...?

Dr. Bright couldn't remember his 10th birthday, or what his parents looked like, or what his first pets name was. But that didn't matter much to him, it was a long time ago.

Or.... wait, how long ago was it?

Dr. Bright does not know and doesn't want to care to remember pointless things.

But he does care. And he does want to remember.

Dr. Bright can't remember where he went to collage, but he could probably look up to the wall in his office and check his diploma to see.

He doesn't do this. He knows it would hurt because he doesn't remember, but also because he doesn't want to see what year he graduated. Because then, it would put a time frame between then and now, and Dr. Bright doesn't know if he could handle that.

Dr. Bright once almost forgot all about his siblings. It crushed him when he was told he had other siblings, siblings that were scps and apart of the staff or whatever the fuck they were doing at the time. And he almost didn't remember them.

He stayed in his office for weeks just sitting in his chair with an old family photo with the date when it was taken on the back. He doesn't want to look. He also notices that he's been crossed out, it was probably because of Bright himself in the past but he just couldn't remember for the life of him.

One time Dr. Glass asked Bright what he looked like before the accident, and what he may have identified as back then.

Dr. Bright tried to remember, he really did.

But in the end he couldn't, he just couldn't remember. What he looked like, his hair, his eyes, did he wear glasses or did he not, how tall was he, and was he even really a 'he'?

Dr. Bright panicked in Dr. Glass' office and had a breakdown as well, both of which Simon was there to help him through.

It hurt Dr. Glass to see Dr. Bright like that, so he never brought it up again.

But Dr. Bright continued to think about it. Daily. Sometimes he would stay awake at night and imagine about what he might have looked like.

Whether he was female or male depended on what body he was currently in, or whatever made him comfortable in his darkly lit room.

Sometimes he couldn't even imagine and all he saw was a black figure, that looked like an outline of him but just barely him. And when he tried to look further and actually imagine a shape, he could sometimes hear an old voice.

It was probably his, considering it was laughter sometimes, or talking but that was distant, or it was just pleas. Pleas that he wouldn't die that day and live to at least have a family before dying.

He could hear crying sometimes as well.

Dr. Bright couldn't remember faces all that well. If he didn't see you at least daily or once a week you just turned into a shadow in his mind. It was sad that people would come up to him sometimes like they were old friends and he would have to tell them he didn't remember their face. Or their voice. Or what they liked to eat on a typical Tuesday night.

Because heaven forbid he actually got to remember people, let alone his old friends.

Bright is at least thankful that he was permanently moves to site [REDACTED] because he wouldn't know what to do with himself if he forgot Dr. Glass, or Kondraki, or Cleff, or even Gears!

There are days where he wakes up and doesn't know who he is or where he's at. He thinks he might've been kidnapped and he starts to panic in the comfort of his own home because he just forgot during the night.