You Don't Need to Stay Awake

"You don't need to stay awake, Simon, it's ok. You can rest now."

And his heart stopped beating. And Jack's heart started breaking, and nothing will repair the gaping hole in his chest where Simon's life once stayed.
~~~
"Alto, long time no see, and it seems that there's no more time left on the clock for you, eh old friend?"

"Jack... don't take this to heart. Let the grief sit but don't let it fester. You may be immortal but there are other things worse than not dying."

"..."

"Goodbye, and tell Konny I'm sorry I couldn't be with him as we got older. It was a pleasure knowing you Bright."

And Altos heart stopped beating, and Jacks heart kept falling apart. By the time Jack reached Benjamin he was already 6 feet in the ground, and his tombstone was a simple slab with just his name. Jack kept his promise and brought alcohol to Kondraki's grave, took one sip and poured the rest on the ground for the cold body beneath.

"Alto said he was sorry. Could you believe that? Fucker didn't even say it to you in person."
~~~
"I'm sorry I couldn't make it in time for the funeral..." Jack says to the freshly buried graves in front of him, some of the last people who truly knew Jack Bright now were dead.

Iceberg and Gears.
Julian and Charles, now together forever 6 feet in the ground. Leaving bright all alone, the last memory of who any of these people were.

~~~
Time went by weirdly after that. Bright lost all tethers he had to the foundation, to his work, to his own mind. He never truly realized how much he needed his friends until they were all gone.

He missed Charles' dry jokes, missed pulling pranks with Alto, blowing shit up with Julian, betting on new researchers with Benjamin, and staying up late talking to Simon. He missed his friends. He missed his family.

And he won't ever see them again.
~~~
Omg hi y'all!! Surprise, I'm not dead! A lot of stuff has happened and writing became more of a chore to me so I just kinda. Quit writing. But! I should be able to slowly update this to 75 chapters like I promised!

Also, thank you all for the immense support on this one shot, I didn't ever expect it to get this big and I remember starting it in 8th grade thinking it wouldn't get any reads. Now I'm in high school and trying to get back into the flow of writing!

Thank you all, have a good day/night/afternoon/mornin!!!