4: Keystone motel

A blue light enveloped the warp pad and Pearl stepped off the platform. "Pearl!" Pearl looked at the loft in surprise. "Where have you been?" Steven asked hurling down the steps and toward the Pearl. "Eh. Looking for Peridot." Pearl answered.

"For a few days straight." She admitted. "Steven I know I might have, disappointed all of you. I know Garnets very upset with me. But I'm going to prove to her that she can trust me again." Pearl spoke, a small but guilty smile making its way onto her face.

Right then Garnet opened the front door. "Oh, Garnet! I was just looking for Peridot !" Pearl informed, making Garnet stop in her tracks as Pearl stepped infront of her. "She's bound to be somewhere, right? Any new ideas?" Pearl spoke attempting to make small talk with the fusion. Garnet simply walked around the Pearl, not saying a single word. "I'm sorry." Pearl apologized, making Garnet stop in her tracks still not facing the Pearl.

"Who wants to go on a road trip?!" Greg announced, opening the front door with a brochure, the gems in the room looked at him. "Um... is this a bad time?" He asked, concern etched into his features. "No. Please continue." Garnet spoke, walking over to the man. "Well I gotta drive over to the next state, Keystone." Greg explained, moving away from the door.

"You mean, the Keystone state?" Pearl corrected. "Right the state named Keystone." Said Greg pointing at the Keystone brochure. "I met a guy on an internet message board who's selling car wash brushes for real cheap! I just gotta meet him in Keystoneand pick 'em up." Greg explained estaticly.

"I don't like those brushes. They feel weird on your fur." Steven commented, grimacing. "Well, do you like motels?" Greg asked, looking down at his son. "Probably!" Steven said with a smile. "Think you'd like to stay at a motel with your favorite dad?" Greg said proudly. "I don't know if you're my favorite..." Steven said, his head in his hand. "What? Huh?" Greg said in confusion until he realized.

"Oh, you kidder! Come here!" Steven jumped into his arms as Greg carried him with ease. "I can't wait to get room service!" Steven said with excitement. "Your thinking of a hotel. We're going to a motel! It'll have a pool and free ice. And it's right next to the best diner in the world!" Greg explained, ecstatic about the trip.

"I'm coming too." Garnet spoke, earning a "What?" From Pearl, to which she simply ignored. Steven gasped. "Even better!" Steven said with excitement. "Hey Garnet, I know I'm talking this place up, but it ain't exactly the ritz." Greg muttered to the fusion. "I'll be the judge if that." Garnet spoke with a smile. "Well, in that case... road trip!" Greg announced, looking at his son as Steven looked back with a smile. "Road trip!" Steven repeated with enthusiasm, pumping his fist up.

"Road trip." Garnet said, with much less enthusiasm than the other two. "Wonderful I'll make sure that Amethyst knows that..." Garnet walked away from Pearl and out of the house, Pearl sighed. "Fine. Well, uh, goodbye." Pearl waved. "This is gonna be so much fun, right, dad?" Steven asked his father, whom had a face full of concern and confusion.

<meanwhile>

Labradorite returned back to the communication hub, feeling very alarmed when she found it smashed. But soon shrugged it off as she had her wand on her and could easily use it as self defense. However now, she'll have to find a new place for a resting stop.

<------>

While flying over the hedges and literally everything she found a human vehicle much larger then the one she's seen in her life time but still one nonetheless. As she sat down on the roof of the vehicle, the engine blurred to life, alerting her, yes, but not completely spooking her. Labradorite's midhands gripped the roof of the vehicle tighter as it started to move and speed off, somewhere.