38: Tag Along

The sky was bright with two gems riding the sky's. Steven, on Lapis' back, was pointing out potential homes for Lapis, while Labradorite just silently tagged along, observing how comfortable Lapis was with Steven. It kind of reminded her of herself and Peridot. Just a little however!

"So how about this? You could live on the country side. No noise, no rules, and it'd just be you becomeing one with nature." Steven said a Lapis dived down into the trees, making Labradorite follow into the fall trees.

"Why would I want to do that?" Lapis asked, looking at the boy in confusion. "It's fun!" Steven responded with a bright smile.

"If you lived in these trees you could build a giant birds nest and have squirrles for pets, you could eat acorn pie everynight and when it get hot or it rains, you can be protected by these nice leaves." Steven explained, looking up at the mostly green and orange leaves, prompting Lapis and Labradorite to fly up out of the trees.

Steven coughed and grabbed a leaf from his mouth. Steven gasped and showed Lapis the leaf with an excited,"Lapis look at this!"

"This leaf turned orange, that means the seasons are changing from summer to fall!" Steven happily explained as Lapis looked back at the trees noticing that some of the tree's leaves were orange.

"Soon it's gonna happen to all the leaves on all the trees." Labradorite watched as Lapis' eyes twinkled at the thought, murmuring a "wow..." Whilst she looked. "So, what do you think?" Steven asked, leaning on Lapis' head. "Oh, I'm not sure.." Lapis spoke averting eye contact with the boy. "That's okay, there's plenty of places we haven't been yet. Come on." Steven says gesturing Lapis forward.

<----->

Night had came rather quickly fir the sky-born gems, looking for a home for Lapis was definitely taking longer then it should have, but now Labradorite has plenty of information to make Lapis comfortable once she visits.

Now they made their was to a basically glowing city. "What's this?" Lapis asked as she admired the bright city from above. "This must be empire city! Isn't it cool?" Steven asked with a smile. "It's very... bright." Lapis comments.

"Yeah, that's why they say, what happens in Empire city ever sleeps!" Steven quotes, making the two water gems look at him. "So what does happen in Empire city?" Lapis asked, making Steven smile again.

"Well, let's see." That was Lapis' and Labradorite's queue to dive down into the city. Dozens of cars lit up the streets, honking at each other making a lot of noise, Labradorite definitely couldn't imagine herself living, or even staying here.

"If you lived here, you could get a cool apartment and be a single gem taking on the big city, you'd have a fun job at a coffee shop and come home to a waky roommate." Steven says happily. "I have no idea what you're talking about." Lapis admitted truthfully, giving Steven a side eye, making him mutter a "aw."

"Hey! What's that shadowy place over there?" Lapis pointed out, making Labradorite look to where Lapis was looking. What a keen eye, Labradorite thought. "Oh, that's Jersey." Steven says with much less enthusiasm than earlier.

"Is it populated by machines?" Lapis asked as they flew over to Jersey, the noise of cars and the smell of smoke were definitely prominent here. "No those are cars, they nake alot of smoke though." Steven coughs at the smoke.