67:Uncle Andy

"Wooow! it's really nice to meet you!" Steven happily cheered before stopping, taking a glance at his father. "Does that mean you're my first cousin once removed?" Steven questioned.

"forget that nonesense!!" Andy said happily, grabbing Steven and squeezing him tightly. the gems went on high alert, the crystal gems almost summoning their weapons while Peridot threatened to push the remote button, while Labradorite slipped the ribbon from her hair and lapis posed to use her hydrokenisis.

"You call me Uncle Andy." Andy declared. "I'm an uncle I can believe it." Andy moved Steven to hold him under one arm as if he was a sack of potatoes. "Greg! you little turd. how come you never told me?" Andy remarked bitterly.

"how was I supposed to!? I havent seen you in years!" Greg defended himself.
"and whose fault was that?" Andy squinted at his cousin. "you thought youwere so much better than us, you just got in your van an drove away." Andy said, looking at Greg with a deadpanned expression.

"that was like two decades ago!" Greg said in utter disbelief. "uhh Uncle Andy? Can I get down now?" Steven butted in akwardly, Andy regared him warmly and fufilled Steven's request, putting the half gem down.

"I'm not used to holding nefews." Andy says to Steven warmly before turning to Greg with a glare. "cause I didnt know i had one!" Andy remarked before taking notice of the gems.

"so which one of these girls is the wife?" Andy switched up and almost simultainously the original Crystal Gems looked away from the man, adverting their saddened gazes along wih Greg, who looked down at the ground.

"I gotta give them my condolences, right?" Andy nudged Greg and laughed, not noticing the sudden somber air around him. "ey come on what? I gotta guess here?" Andy shrugged before pointing to Garnet.

"it's gotta be you." Andy said as he pointed to the monotoned gem. "I bet this useless lump needs a big girl to keep him in line." Andy said as Garnet looked to Greg, and Greg rightfully looked away. Labradorite blinked before leaning over to Lapis, whispering "I dont see it."

"you're not big, I'm just saying you're tall." Andy defended himself as if everyone was worrid about his little comment, then finally Andy noted the silence.

"Rose is..." Greg started as Andy got quiet. "No longer with us." Greg said, finally meeting his cousins gaze. Andy immedietly deflated.

"wow." Andy spoke. "I'm sorry." was all he said for a moment, looking down at the ground. "I didnt know." Andy placed his hand on Steven's head, looking somberly at the boy.

"These people are sort of like her family so.. I offered to let these three stay in the barn.." Greg admitted, gesturing to the three gems.

"yeah? well that was real nice of you but the barn is for the Demayo Family." Andy said, crossing his arms.  Steven was puzzled.

"what's a Demayo?" Steven asked, looking up at his uncle. Andy violently turned to Steven in shock and disbelief.

"Andy Demayo." Andy gestured to himself. "Greg Demayo." Andy gestured to his cousin. "Steven Demayo." Andy gestured to his nefew with a worried and slight saddened look. "We're the Demayos." Andy revealed, Greg butted in.

"Actully we're uhm..." Greg hesitated, wondering if he should say this now. "the Universes now..." Greg scratched he back of his head. Andy looked at Greg for a moment before snapping.

"You space Walnut! You couldnt even keep he family name!?" Andy blasted Greg. "But your goin around giving family property out like candy on some.. some kind of CANDY GIVINOUT HOLIDAY!??" Andy angrily yelled at his cousin.

"you're telling me universe isnt a real last name!?" Steven asked bewildered.

"it is a real name I had it changed." Greg told the shocked boy before turning his attention to Andy. "Andy look, they just really needed a place." Greg said turning to the gems who were standing off to the side. "They're alien refugees from space and they" Greg was cut off by the fuming Andy.

"THEY'RE ILLEAGAL. ALIENS!??" Andy shouted in disbelief stutering for a bit before speaking again. "YOU COULDNT EVEN MARRY AN AMERICAN!?" Andy yelled, Greg was offended and caught off gaurd by this comment.

"wha- what does that matter?" Greg glared at his bewildered cousin.

"Demayo's a much more cooler name than Universe." Steven muttered as he mulled the revalation over in his head.

"You turned your back on your family just so you get in with a bunch of weirdo hippie marshion immigrants!?" Andy aggressivly yelled, ignoring Steven's comment. "you three." Andy yelled pointing to Lapis Peridot and Labradorite, who were watching the progressivly escalating situation with wide eyes. "Get the heck off my planet! outta my country! outta my barn!" Andy snapped.

There was a loud silence after Andy's agressive words before Peridot looked back down at the remote in her hands and Labradorite slipped her ribbion from her hair.

"reactivating my attack drones." Peridot said without hesitation and Labradorite slicker her ribbion into a wand, blue glowing from the tip.

Steven immedietly raced over to the low paitence gems. "wait!" Steven yelped, making the two gems pause in their actions, wanting to hear Steven out before doing something rash. Steven breathed before taking a glance at the low paitence human. "Uncle Andy?" Steven called out.

"yeah?" Andy asked, looking at the boy as he walked over. "I'm sorry we took over the barn." Steven apologized as he stopped infront of the man. " I didnt even know we had any other family to share it with." Steven admitted.

"Ya didnt, huh?" Andy turned his head to glare at Greg who flinced back and looked away from Andy's scrutinizing gaze.

"but this barn, means a lot to all of us. we spent so much time together here." Steven said.
"well my family spenda lot of time here too." Andy started. "once a year we'd all meet up here, catch up, eat a big meal, have a good time. years and years of family tradition." Andy explained, Steven smirked. "oh yeah, well we can do that too!" Steven said proudly.
-------
Funfact:Labradorite might be getting more of her attitude and low paitence from Peridot... also I'm not dead :D