21: Recovery and Still Learning

"She is an unstable fusion, we should have expected this when she had gotten overwhelmed." Pearl said, holding the still warm tear drop gem in the palm of her hand.

Garnet hummed, her arms crossed in thought. "Oh, how are we going to tell Peridot about this?" Pearl asked, looking down at the gem.

"We aren't." Pearl looked up at Garnet with a confused look. "What do you mean, Garnet." Garnet looked from the gem to the Pearl's eyes.

"That Labradorite will likely reform before Peridot gets here." Garnet explains. Knowing Garnets future vision, Pearl sighed of relief. "Oh, good."

All of a sudden the warp pad went off. "We have returned with the repurposed injector drill head!" Peridot was back. Pearl shoved Labradorite's gem into Garnets hands and went to greet them.

"You're back! And you got the drill head, wonderful!" Pearl smiled nervously, Peridot nodded and pushed past Pearl.

"Alright, where's Labradorite?" She asked, Pearl fiddled with her hands. "Uhm, well you see, Peridot, Labradorite has, uhm..."

Garnet came beside Peridot and held Labradorite's gem out to her. "She got overwhelmed." Peridot immediately grabbed the gem from Garnets hand, holding it close to her chest.

"What did you clo- crystal gems do!?" Peridot yelled, looking over Labradorite's gem for any scratches.

"It was a simple accident! We didn't mean to..." Pearl reached for Peridot, she took a step back. "I can't leave Labradorite with any of you, can I?" Peridot scoffed and walked away.

Steven sighed as Amethyst grunted, her mood was sour ever since she got back. "Man, they're never gonna trust us now, what happened, Pearl?" Steven looked over at Pearl.

"I, uhm, may have asked Garnet to get her from the roof." Pearl said, Steven looked at her funny. "But she's terrified of Garnet!" Everyone could see it, but asking Garnet to get Labradorite is quite literally an easy way to get Labradorite poofed. "I know, but I thought the outcome would be different."

<--->

Labradorite still hasn't reformed. Peridot has stayed by her side for a full 40 minutes, she gathered soft material she found in the barn and turned it into a nest around Labradorite's gem for optimal comfort.

Apart from that, Peridot doesn't let any crystal gems around her gem, she'd growl when any of them came near, aside from Steven. If they didn't head her warning and stepped closer, they'd immediately get chased.

Well, Peridot would just lunge at them, curtisy of the harness and leash now tied to the wooden pole. Apart from guarding Labradorite's gem, Peridot has been purposely naming items incorrectly to get the Amethyst to laugh at her jokes, to which the Amethyst just glares at the Peridot and turns away from her.

"Why isn't she laughing when I do these things?" Peridot asked Steven as Amethys brushed off another one of her 'jokes'. "Peridot, you really hurt her feelings." Steven said, looking away from the puzzled Peridot.

"What?" Peridot said. "You were pretty mean to her at the kindergarten." Steven says, Peridot looks confused. "Mean? No way! I was being... cool, Amethyst loved it!"

Peridot looked over at where the rest of the Crystal gems were. "She's probably telling the Peal how much fun she had now!"

Once the Amethyst laid her eyes on Peridot who was desperately trying to get her attention, her smile fell as she glared and turned away, walking into the barn, making a Peridot pause.