40: I'm Sorry

[A/n : hey everyone sorry to interrupt or daily schedule, but we reached chaper forty!!! When I was first writing this book, I didn't think it'd be the most popular really. I was just writing this for my enjoyment and I was just fleshing out a character that I made and really adored. And then you guys just came out of the clock work like "...Poof! hey!" And I was just like "....HUH!? WHO ARE YOU GUYS!? AND WHY ARE YALL SO NICE TO ME??"  What i'm trying to say is I really cars about you and I'm great full that you find this story enjoyable... You wanna hear a fun fact? Yeah? When I was first writing this book, Labradorite was originally called Blue Beryl before I found her actual name, but I'm glad I changed her name to what it is now! Anyway, time to go back to our daily schedule, Oh and there's one more thing I have to mention...I love you, bye!]

<---->

Labradorite's flats gently touched the roof of the water tower, Labradorite's eyes locking onto Lapis' form. Labradorite walked over to Lapis and sat down next to her. Lapis, taking notice of Labradorite, glared at the other blue gem.

"Why do you keep following me." Lapis asked, scooting away from Labradorite. "I...I wanted to check up on you..." Labradorite responded, looking down at the far away ground. Lapis just looked away.

"You don't even know me." Lapis muttered, keeping her knees to her chest. "But...I want to." Lapis gave Labradorite a side eye. "You're friends with her." Lapis growled, obviously referring to Peridot.

Labradorite nodded slightly, fiddling with her hands. "I-I know... But I still want to try and be friends..." Labradorite said, Lapis scoffed lightly.

"Good luck." Labradorite bit the inside of her cheeks, looking away. There was a loud, piercing silence.

"I'm sorry." Until a voice cut the silence.

Lapis looked over at Labradorite, whom was already staring at her. Soft pitiful pools of dark blue met hard midnight blue ones that almost seemed to soften at the sight.

"For everything you've been through." Labradorite finished before looking back down at the far away grass. "I've heard so much about you, many good things but also how you met." Labradorite frowned.

"I don't blame you for what you did." Labradorite spoke. "You've been through so much." Labradorite whispered, turning to Lapis, placing her hand on Lapis', making her flinch lightly.

"You may not trust me." Lapis frowned, hugging her knees closer to her chest. "I know it is hard to trust when you've been where you've been." Labradorite spoke. "But, if you want to try, I'm right here...I want to be friends with you." Labradorite said, looking into Lapis' eyes again.

Silence... until Lapis chuckled before laying back with a slight smile. "You're so persistent, you remind me of Steven." Lapis commented as Labradorite laid down next to Lapis on her side. "Is that a good thing?" Labradorite asked, Lapis thought for a moment before smiling softly at Labradorite. "Yeah, I guess that is." Lapis said before closing her eyes. Labradorite got the message Lapis didn't want to talk anymore and just stayed quiet.

The two laid in comfortable silence. Until Peridot shouted from below. "Hey Lazuli! Hey Lazuli! Hey!" Peridot shouted making Lapis turn on her side, away from Labradorite.