70: The Palenquin

the rest of the meeting went smoothly, Steven came back with Andy and the gems finished up the meal.

atleast it didnt end in turmoil, Labradorite is thankful for that.

the meeting wrapped up as Andy left on his plane and the gems left with Greg in his van.

With that the day was finally over.

...

...Labradorite still couldnt shake the feeling of unease.

it was started to get annoying, Labradorite scoped the entirety of Beach city. three times! She just didnt get it. why was she so on edge?

Labradorite should clear her head. Labradorite summoned her water wings test flapping them once.

"Going on another patrol?"

Until a voice snapped her out of her trance.

"..."
"..."

Lapis was waiting on Labradorite's answer.

"...yes."
Labradorite's voice was hoarse, like her voice was dry from disuse. Labradorite cleared her throat. she was about to take another step before Lapis spoke again.

"Peridot's worried about you."

there was a lump in Labradorite's throat that she just couldnt swallow.

"...I know..."

Labradorite did another test flap, Lapis took a step forward speaking a bit louder.

"So am I."

The lump was harder to swallow. it was clear Lapis was trying to get her to stay.

but she just couldnt.

"I'm sorry." Labradorite whispered, her voice quiet and could bearly be heard.

Lapis stayed silent for a moment before speaking.

"..say Hi to Steven for me."
Lapis said before turning and going into the barn.

"...I will."
Labradorite flew up quickly, leaving to beach city.

Day came fast to the gem lost in her thoughts. She couldnt even patrol  correctly, her vision blurred with tears as her mind kept replaying the conversation.