64: Steven's visit!

Steven knocked on the, very decorated, barn door, a cheerful expression on his face. "Peridot, Lapis, Labradorite! I'm here!" Steven called before backing away from the door.

"Did you forget your favorite Steven was coming to spend the night?" Steven said happily as he looked up at the barn. The barn seemed still, there was no noise.

Steven looked at the mask beside the door. It was a green alien mask with moose horns. "Aha! A door noggi thing!" Steven clicked, taking the rope that was underneath the mask and pulling it. Making it come apart. Steven looked over at the luscious corn field right infront of the barn.

"Hey that looks new." Steven comments as he grabbed the mask and the moose horns and made his way into the corn field.

"Peridot! Lapis! Labradorite! I'm sorry I broke your door thingy! I wanted to fix it, but I don't know how it goes together. Makes a pretty neat mask though." Steven spoke all the while he made his way through the thick corn field. Finally reaching the end of the corn field, Steven stopped in amazement at the rest of the field in front of him.

Aside from the corn he had just went through there were pumpkins, strawberries, cabbage, tomatoes and many more spread out, all growing in the soil.

"Did I just die and go to the back of a cereal box?" Steven asked, taking almost two steps before water came from the slits in two hoses on either side of him, making Steven scream and cover his face.

Suddenly the water cut off and Steven heard a familiar voice. "Hi Steven." Lapis smiled from her lawn chair, putting her book on the hand rest as she summoned her wings and flew over to the boy. "Steven!" The Peridot on a tractor yelled, steering the tractor around. "I'm on a tractor!" Peridot yelled, obviously excited to be on a moving working tractor.

"Did I spray you on accident?" Lapis asked, bending down to Steven's level. "just a little." Steven said, shaking his head to get rid of the access water. Lapis chuckled. "so glad you could make it."

"Steven!" Peridot yelled, the tractor coming towards the two. "how do you like our little-" Peridot was cut off by the tractor halting suddenly. Peridot regained her stance, on top of the tractor. "expirement?!" Peridot asked.

"It's amazing." Steven complemented, taking a few glances around. "What made you guys pick up farming all of a sudden?" Steven asked.

"I have all the skills required for growing gems, I figured, why not try growing something else!" Peridot explained pridefully, hopping off of the tractor excitedly. "who knows! maybe they're ready right now!" Peridot said before ripping a ear of corn from it's stalking.

"hello corn." Peridot greeted the vegtable.
Silence.
"maybe she can't here me in there." Peridot commented, turning the corn and eyeing it. "I made you in my image!! You will do as I say!" Peridot yelled at the corn. Steven suddenly chuckled, making Peridot look up from the ear of corn.

"Wait. You didn't think the corn was gonna walk right outta the ground when you told it to did you? That's not how vegtables work." Steven laughed as the two gems looked slightly clueless at what Steven was saying.

"...It's not?" Peridot asked after a moment of silence. "well then what's the point of corn!" Peridot threw down the ear she had in her hand, angry.

the two and a half gems looked at the still corn. "I have to admit..." peridot spoke up after another moment of silence. "I really been starting to miss the pitter patter of full sized gem solders." Peridot admitted.

"It does get pretty quiet around here." Lapis added. "come on Lapis. let's go disassemble the tractor." Peridot said solemnly, walking to the tracor with Lapis following.

Pity washed over Steven as he watched the solemn display. "All they wanted to do was make a living vegetable." Steven said as he looked down at the ground. "wait!" Steven suddenly said as an idea came to him, the shine in his eyes returning."I know how to do that!"

Steven took a pumpkin seed from the ground. "Garnet said not to lick stuff i find off the ground, but this is for a good cause!" Steven licked the seed and stuffed it into the ground, patting the soil for good measure.

Steven got up and went follow Lapis and Peridot. "oh, Where's Labradorite?" Steven asked as Peridot and Lapis finished disassembling the tractor. "She's protrolling beach city." Peridot said simply, as steven tilted his head, confused. "Why?" Steven asked, Lapis shrugged.

"She's been doing this ever since she got back from the miniature human, Onion I think." Lapis explained.

"Labby's been saying how everything feels off and she's been more hyperviligent then ever. I'm starting to worry a bit." Peridot explained as they walked to the barn.

Once they got to the barn, they found Labradorite, landing on her feet, her water wings disappearing. Labradorite waved and walked over to the three.

"you're earlier than usual." Lapis commented as Labradorite approached and Peridot gave Labradorite a quick hug. "Yeah, I wanted to be here so I could see Steven! I'm so sorry I was late, Steven." Labradorite apologized as Steven hugged her.

"It's okay, atleast you're here now!" Steven said. Labradorite ruffled Steven's hair.

[A/n: heyyy, it's been a while, hasn't it? Listen I can kind of explain.... a lot of suff is happening, like school is starting and just keeps up giving me so much woorrrrkk it's so tiring, and I'm trying to keep up with all the things I'm writing and also I keep getting just snatched away from the Fandom, but they can't keep me away forever!! just hang in there everyone, thank you all for staying with me]