47:Dance Partner

"War and glory," Pearl started to list. "Reinvention." Pearl hopped on the railing with Labradorite, both of the gems balancing perfectly.

"Fusion, freedom, her attention." Pearl dipped Labradorite carefully. "Out in daylight, My potential." Pearl and Labradorite spun out then back in to meet eachother.

"Bold, precise, experimental." Pearl spun around and laid down on the railing, the rose close to her chest. "Who am I now in this world without her?" Pearl asked, looking up at the clouds.

"Petty and dull with the nerve to doubt her." Pearl reached up to the clouds. "What does it matter? it's already done." Labradorite spoke.

"Now I've got to be there for her son." Pearl got up from the railing, but looked back at the clouds. "It's over, isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it over?" Pearl almost sobbed. 

"He won and she chose him, and she loved him and she's gone. It's over isn't it?" Labradorite spoke, Pearl sighed, a single tear rolling down her cheek. "Why can't I move on?"

After some light comforting from Labradorite, Pearl turned to leave, only to gasp as Steven and Greg were up. "Greg! You were.... awake." Pearl said, her cheeks tinting teal, full of embarrassment, she was shocked that they'd be up even at this time.

Greg put on his white robe, not even facing the shameful Pearl. "Nothing's gonna fix this, is it?" Greg spoke before heading for the door.

"Greg!" Pearl tried to call, Greg didn't listen. "I'm sorry you had to be around me." Greg apologized before leaving the room, cracking the door behind him, even as his son called for him.

"I.. shouldn't have come along.." Pearl whispered, her eyes downcast to the floor. "No. This is exactly why I brought you." Steven said, looking up at the Pearl, his eyebrows furrowed, seemingly very upset.

<---->

Labradorite and Steven quickly lead Pearl to the bar where Greg was. Clearing her throat, Labradorite pushed Pearl closer gently. Steven let go of Pearl's hand and both Pearl and Greg immediately looked away from eachother.

"I see what you mean now." Labradorite said to Steven. The piano music changed to a ragtime tune.

Labradorite and Steven stomped up to the man playing the piano. Labradorite acted first, taking one thousand dollars from her gem and handing it off to the man, who immediately got up from his seat and hummed away.

Labradorite and Steven sat on the stool and started to play a tune. "Why don't you talk to eachother?" Steven started. "Why don't you talk to eachother? Just give it a try." Labradorite continued.

"Why don't you talk about what happened?" Steven suggested, making Pearl and Greg look away. "We know you're trying to avoid it, but we don't know why." Labradorite comments.

"You might not believe it." Steven said and Labradorite echoed as the lights dimmed and spot light shined on the piano. "But you've got a lot in common, you really do." Labradorite sang.

"You both love me and I love both of you." Steven sang, a tear rolling down his cheek onto the piano.

"Look if I were you I'd hate me too." Greg said, making the two began to converse. Labradorite smiled and looked back at Steven with a 'It's Working!' Face.

"I know you both need it." Steven suddenly sang as their conversation came to a close. "I know you both need it." Labradorite echoed seamlessly.

"Someone who knows what you're going through." Labradorite sang. "And you might not believe it." Steven sang.

"You might not believe it, but you've got a lot in common, you really do." Labradorite echoed right after him. "You both love me and I love both of you." Steven repeated until Labradorite closed out the note.

Cheers and applause erupted from the crowd watching. "Le Bill." The receptionist said, revealing the bill to Greg, who grimaced at the contents.

Eventually The four packed up and went home after Greg paid the bill. Now the seating arrangement was Greg driving while Pearl was eagerly conversing with him, Steven was in the back seat with Labradorite, leaning on her shoulder as he began to nod off.

<---->

Labradorite was dropped off first. Labradorite opened the door, getting out of the van. Pearl told Greg to wait for her and exited the van aswell, quickly catching up with Labradorite.

"Labradorite, uhm, I need to talk with you." Labradorite turned at Pearl's voice, her eyes filled with confusion. "Yes, Pearl?" Pearl suddenly got filled with doubt.

"Uhm, I'd like to thank you for...letting me vent out my uhm frustrations." Labradorite looked at Pearl with a slight 'was that all?' Face.

"A-and I'd like to say that you are a very good dancer. Perhaps me and you could dance some time again?" Pearl looked up at Labradorite with a hopeful smile. "Why not now?" Labradorite spoke with a soft smile. "Excuse me?"

"Why cant we dance now? are you not in the mood?" Labradorite asked, tilting her head, her smile gone, now replaced with a look of curiosity. "No... It's just..." Pearl looked at the barn and sighed. "Nevermind, why not?" Pearl takes Labradorite's hands into her own and carefully spun the blue gem.

Dipping Labradorite, Pearl caught a glimpse of a joyful expression adorned on Labradorite's face. Pearl smiled and lifted Labradorite back up, prompting her into a slow dance.

As their dance came to a close the riles switched Labradorite carefully dipped Pearl, emitting a sound of shock from the pale gem, and tapped their noses together, both of them glowing brightly, fusing.

Fun fact!: Peridot's gonna fist fight all the gems if this keeps happening.