Chapter Six

First madam Zhang heard Butler Zhao's words and once more pat Jiang Ningbao's palm softly. Her face sunk and she glared at Butler Zhao with lukewarm anger. She smiled coldly, "Duke Ding's heir really has such a big face, canceling engagement as he likes. Has he not thought of the damage the girl will receive because of this? Why should he be the one doing this when he's the wrong one? After canceling the engagement, how will my niece get a good engagement?"

Butler Zhao's face stiffened and turned red. He moved his mouth to say something, but he had no refutation to say because this was indeed sir heir in the wrong.

"This......Something forced is not goof. Sir heir wants to cancel this engagement so we servants could only obey. But the old madame already said that she will give the fourth lady compensation.

Jiang Ningbao's eyebrow moved a little and glanced at Butler Zhao. It's finally here.

The novel's male lead gave generous compensation for canceling the engagement and this was also the start of the novel's Jiang Ningbao's blackening.

As a poisonous canon fodder with delicate appearance. She really used up her delicateness and poisonous plans.

Jiang Ningbao thought to that mad venomous 'her' and her eyes flashed with an interested glint.

To be honest, she and that venomous canon fodder was really people who was not the same as their appearances.

It was truly amusing.

The first madam was stunned and wrenched her handkerchief. Old Madam Jiang glanced at Butler Zhao and sipped her tea, expressionless.

"Compensation?"

A clear voice rang and everyone's line of sight all went to Jiang Ningbao who was at the center of this matter.

"Why don't Butler Zhao speak out how exactly does Sir Heir compensate me?"

Old Madam Jiang frowned and her heart felt strange. She could not help staring at this granddaughter who seemed so soft and weak that she could be bullied and felt that something was not right.

"Fourth girl, don't worry, grandmother will help you in this matter. No compensation is worth your reputation."

Madam Zhang wanted to say something but decided to stay silent.

"Thank you, grandmother." Jiang Ningbao curtsied and revealed a gentle smile. Her heart was thinking that this old madam would slap her own face later on.

Jiang Ningbao slant her head to the side. Her pair of beautiful eyes were staring lightly at Butler Zhao.

"Butler Zhao, you haven't told us what the compensation entailed."

"Replying to the fourth miss. Sir Heir promised that if the fourth miss agreed to cancel this engagement, he would adopt as his sister and enter the clan's genealogy. When the fourth miss get married, Sir Heir would give generous dowry."

"Fourth miss, once you become Sir Heir's little sister, you'll become Duke Ding's oldest miss. Your status would rise and finding a good engagement won't be hard."

Butler Zhao felt that he could not bear to do it but hardened himself to speak out what sir heir's compensation was. His heart was full of pity toward this beautiful and gentle Jiang fourth miss.

From fiancee to little sister. Sir heir really could think it through. But this was indeed a tempting compensation.

Changning Count Residence was a declining nobility. They rely on the engagement with Duke Ding Residence to maintain their prestige. Once they lose the engagement with Duke Ding Residence, Changning Count Residence would fall.

Butler Zhao's words cause several expressions on the people's faces.

Old Madam Jiang who just said that no compensation would be worth your reputation was thinking deeply. She sipped her tea and stayed silent, as if weighing the loss and benefit.

First Madam Zhang stopped her breath and her eyes glimmered. Even though she just defended her niece in righteous manner, Madam Zhang understood that this niece's engagement was destined to be gone. It all rooted down to one's interests.

Once her niece became Duke Ding heir's little sister and continue to support the Count Residence, her daughter Yao'er could marry a better man. Her eldest daughter would have unshakable position in her husband's house.

Silence reigned the hall.

Butler Zhao waited patiently.