Chapter Fifty Six

Alright, she thought too much. Although she used some methods, it was alright as long as Duke Ding agreed to marry her. Marrying first before love was not made. Love at first sight was too uncertain and momentary. Jiang Ningbao preferred feelings that grew with time.

This kind of feeling would last longer.

Jiang Ningbao curved her mouth in happiness and it showed in her brows. Her whole body exuded joy and she grasped the chance to ask.

"So, when will we get married?"

Old Madam Xie finally got her son's answer and could not help but reveal a moved smile. Hearing Jiang family's little lady asked, she also asked in anticipation.

"A'Heng, if you have no objection, then I will go to Clear Water Temple tomorrow to ask for a good day to get married. And then, I will ask for the marriage decree from the palace."

Jiang family's little lady was this good. If she did not hurry and settle this for her son, Old Madam Xie would not be able to sleep in peace.

Asking for a marriage decree and going to the Clear Water Temple to ask for a marriage date. This emphasized the importance Old Madam Xie placed on Jiang Ningbao.

Jiang Ningbao was surprised and moved.

Duke Ding Xie Heng saw the happy little lady and his heart beat faster. The coldness in his eyes disappeared, "Okay."

The two people's marriage was settled on their first time meeting.

Although it was only oral, after getting the marriage decree, the betrothal gifts would not be less. This was her son's only wife in this lifetime. Old Madam Xie placed great importance on it.

At noon, Old Madam Xie asked Jiang Ningbao to stay for lunch. They ate lunch happily and when she left, Old Madam Xie gave Jiang Ningbao a set of jewellery and she told her son to send her back with a face full of smiles.

Her final objective was to let people know that her son was now a flower with an owner.

She believed that Jiang family's little lady would grasp this chance.

One midday, every person in Duke Ding Residence knew that the beautiful girl standing beside the duke's side was the heir's ex-fiance, Jiang fourth miss.

According to Butler Zhao's leak, old madam already let out the words that Jiang fourth miss would be the future mistress of Duke Ding Residence.

This time, everyone in Duke Ding Residence was shocked and they all breathed in cold air.

Future mistress.

That won't that mean Jiang fourth miss would get married to the duke?

Only the black clothed personal guards Duke Ding carried back were calm. They already had the premonition at the gates of the residence. The old madam said that only made the premonition true.

Jiang fourth miss was from Changning Count Residence. She's beautiful with good bearings. She was suitable with the duke.

Maybe some discussed how Jiang fourth miss was the heir's ex-fiance in private and could not measure up to the duke, but the two already annulled the engagement so their marriage partner was none of their business. Having another engagement was normal.

In the hearts of the black clothed guards, the duke was their real master. Now that his marriage was settled, they were happy for him.

Why would they mind those kinds of traditional rules?

There were many people in the big Duke Ding Residence. They were mostly divided into people who were loyal to the duke and the ones loyal to the heir. Once this news was out, some were happy and some were anxious.

Heir Xie was Duke Ding Residence's only successor. The people who sucked up to him and were loyal to him were plenty. A few days earlier, they heard the Jiang fourth miss who had her engagement annulled by the heir spoke that she wanted to get married to the duke. They were indifferent to this.

Girls who wanted to get married to Duke Ding were plenty, but they all failed.

But it was different now.

Jiang fourth miss was the daughter-in-law she decided on. They only needed to give the betrothal gifts and the marriage certificate.

On this day, Heir Xie's engagement was settled, so was the duke's engagement.

After Jiang fourth miss married into the duke residence and gave birth to the duke's children, how would there be a place for the heir?

But at this moment, Heir Xie went to Anyuan Marquis Residence to propose. The servants loyal to the heir could only bear it in as they looked at the others being happy with stiff and forced smiles.

Heir Xie who was thought of by the servants came back with his brand new fiance, Yang Shuqing to greet Old Madam Xie.

Coincidentally, to give a good impression on Old Madam Xie, Yang Shuqing and Jiang Ningbao both chose to present precious wine on that day.

One was personally brewed while the other was Upper Cloud Wine Shop's sky high priced health preserving wine.