Chapter Eighty Three

The moment she saw Jiang Ningbao standing next to Duke Ding and knowing that Old Madam Xie orally made an engagement, Yang Shuqing was mentally prepared.

To ruin this disgusting marriage, Yang Shuqing already had a plan but before she executed it, the emperor had bestowed a marriage decree.....marriage decree.....

She began thinking that she would have to lower her head to Jiang Ningbao in the future and she might even have to pay respect everyday to her and be put in hard situations by her. And that if Jiang Ningbao gave birth to any child, Jingyi's heir position would be given to another and the position of Duke Ding would fall to another's hand.

Yang Shuqing only felt that the ground was spinning and that the future was bleak. She went out of breath and blood went through her throat.

Rather than getting married to Xie Jingyi, it was better to be the imperial family's concubine.

Living once more, this one was worse than the previous. What was she tossing around for?

Thinking of her personal enemies laughing at her in the dark, Yang Shuqing's eyes became red and smashed the porcelains in her room as if she had gone crazy. In the end, she even smashed a chair which shocked her trusted servant girls Qian Rong and Qian Bi who did not even dare to breathe loudly.

In the big room, everything was a mess filled with smashed fragments and water stains.

After venting it out, the envy and anger in Yang Shuqing's heart still did not lessen but increased instead. Her eyes flashed with shocking fury and coldness as she wanted so badly to cut Jiang Ningbao into eight pieces.

Outside, Anyuan Marquis stood in front of the door with a gloomy face. The old servants stood trembling at the side as they all moaned in their hearts and hoped that the oldest miss would calm down.

After a while, Anyuan Marquis slammed open the door and entered in strides. Her eyes swept through the broken fragments on the ground and his oldest daughter's red and crazy looking eyes with an angry face.

"Qing'er, enough! Look at how you look like right now."

After seeing her father enter, Yang Shuqing's body stiffened and her mind suddenly cleared. The craziness on her face receded and she stared at her angry father with red eyes as she shouted in grief and indignation.

"Dad, I'm not resigned. I am Anyuan Marquis Residence's oldest legal daughter being suppressed by a girl from a very small count residence, especially she had her engagement annulled by Jingyi. After marrying into Duke Ding Residence, she would set up rules and after she gave birth to Duke Ding's children, where can there be any place for me and Jingyi? Dad, I.....I cannot stand this."

Anyuan Marquis also did not think that Duke Ding would suddenly get married and he never even thought that Jiang fourth miss who he never placed in her eyes could get close to Duke Ding.

But hearing his oldest daughter mentioning children, Anyuan Marquis suddenly laughed loudly.

"Qing'er, rest assured, Jiang fourth miss cannot gave birth to Duke Ding's children. Later, Duke Ding's position will be inherited by Heir Xie."

Yang Shuqing was stunned and looked at Anyuan Marquis confusement. She asked anxiously, "Dad, what do you mean?"

"Not many people know this, but dad is one of them. When Duke Ding first went to the battlefield, he was accidentally shot by an enemy country's general with a poisonous arrow. He retained his life, but there was a problem with children. So even if Duke Ding will get married, the probability of him having children is little. In the future, Duke Ding Residence will be yours and Heir Xie's."

Anyuan Marquis smiled and gave his oldest daughter relief.

Yang Shuqing was astonished. There was actually such a matter. Initially, she wanted to prevent Jiang Ningbao from getting pregnant if she could not stop Jiang Ningbao from marrying and only waiting for two years, Duke Ding would be gone. She could slowly get rid of Jiang Ningbao by then. She did not think that Duke Ding's body was problematic.

This was really helping her.

Yang Shuqing's heart was happy and she had a schadenfreude smile. The stifled feelings in her chest disappeared and she looked spirited.

The two servants at the side lowered their heads. They did not think that they would hear such a secret so they did their best to appear invisible.

"Qing'er, you must be stable right now, don't do anything impulsive." Anyuan Marquis ordered, not feeling assured.

Yang Shuqing nodded calmly and her confidence was back on her face. She smiled slightly, "Dad, daughter understands. Small things cannot ruin the bigger plan. I will be careful and won't let others catch my weakness."

The probability was small, but it did not mean that it was impossible.

Yang Shuqing still did not feel assured, but this was easier than preventing Jiang Ningbao from getting pregnant.

Anyuan Marquis then left with his heart assured.