Chapter Forty Eight

The main gates of Duke Ding Residence were in silence.

The black clothed personal guards all perked up their ears as they all admired this seemingly weak and delicate beauty Jiang fourth miss. There were some who thought of the wild rumors outside and their gazes carried excitement.

Maybe the duke's spring had come.

Chun Xi who was holding the small delicate wine jar trembled at the back and her legs were shaking. Duke Ding was so scary. She stood so far yet she still felt uncomfortable. The miss was really valiant, actually able to get so near the duke. She wanted to cry.

"Duke, Jiang fourth miss, please enter the residence. Don't let the old madam waiting." Butler Zhao did not want to speak at this moment, but he feared that the old madam was waiting anxiously so he could only remind them.

"Yes!"

Duke Ding Xie Heng was taking the lead, his gaze was on Jiang Ningbao's white face that was adorned with blush, letting her walk first. Who knew that Jiang Ningbao smiled as if flowers were blooming instead and said, "Duke, let's walk together. I want to hear the matter about the battlefield."

At this time, how could she not make use of time to grow feelings? Duke Ding was not someone to be met at any time. She would grasp this chance.

'Reserved' this kind of thing was not suitable to be put on Duke Ding.

Duke Ding Xie Heng: "....."

The twenty eight years old man who never conversed with any girl before was at a loss, especially since this little lady was not afraid of him, even using a pair of sparkling eyes filled with worship and anticipation to look at him.

This let Xie Heng who was used to people not daring to get near him felt something arose in his heart.

"Alright!" He nodded unexpectedly.

Butler Zhao's face flashed with a gratified smile. Jiang fourth miss was really amazing. The duke who usually never spoke a lot to women seemed to feel favorable to Jiang fourth miss.

Jiang Ningbao heard the duke agree and her eyes lit up. On her delicate white face rose a happy color.

She turned her head and walked in front of Chun Xi. With a speechless expression on Chun Xi's face, she took the wine jar back to her embrace and turned her body back to the side of Duke Ding who was emitting ominous energy. She lifted her small face and looked at Duke Ding's handsome side face with a brilliant smile, her voice carrying a joyous breath.

"Duke, let's go."

Duke Ding Xie Heng glanced at the delicate and weak little lady by his side. The little lady had a faint scent that was nice to smell. Duke Ding moved his brows and calmly said, "Yes!"

Jiang Ningbao's smile brightened and she deliberately walked side to side with Duke Ding.

Duke Ding carried an oppressive and ominous air. Ordinary men could not get near him, but the weak and delicate Jiang Ningbao could adapt to just fine. Her nose smelled the strong masculine scent from Duke Ding. As she heard Duke Ding use his cold and deep voice to dully talk about the matters of the battlefield, her lips could not help but curve upward.

After a few steps, Jiang Ningbao realized that Duke Ding consciously pulled the distance between them and her lips curved as she had a sly smile. She hugged the small wine jar and acted as if she subconsciously walked nearer to him and walked shoulder to shoulder.

Duke Ding's steps halted and continued to silently pull their distance.

After a few times, Duke Ding Xie Heng could only let this unyielding little lady get near him. His heart was thinking that this little lady was really bold.

Jiang Ningbao laughed inside her heart.

The tall and straight Duke Ding made Jiang Ningbao look very small, but the atmosphere between the two was very harmonious.

One with ominous air all over that made others fear him while the other carried clean air, giving others the impression of light and dark intertwining but not affecting each other.

It's really weird.

The bunch of black clothed personal guards all widened their eyes, as if they were seeing something inconceivable.

Butler Zhao's eyes were lit up, as if seeing the scene of the duke and Jiang fourth miss getting married. He could not help but laugh in happiness.

As he kept laughing, his heart turned sour.

He had waited for this day for a long time and his wait finally bore fruit.