Chapter Eleven

"I will not agree to this! Do not mention this matter ever again!"

Old Madam Jiang was infuriated by Jaing Ningbao who was stubborn and she staggered as she touched her forehead and fell backward. The close servant Hong Xi quickly supported her.

"Mother, are you alright?" First Madam Zhang glared at Jiang Ningbao and nervously stepped forward, questioning Old Madam Jiang as she patted her the spot where her heart was.

Jiang Ningbao stood there unmoving. Aside from her soft and delicate face, there was no softness or gentleness on her, as if she was a tough and firm rose of Sharon.

Blooming splendidly and emanating resplendent light.

"Fourth young miss, this Zhao cannot decide this matter. Why don't you wait for this Zhao to report back to the old madam and then give the fourth miss the answer?"

After Butler Zhao was shocked and saw Old Madam Jiang's behavior, he immediately cleared his mind. Jiang fourth miss' suggestion indeed moved Butler Zhao. No matter if the fourth miss made this decision in anger or not, he would take the chance to agree.

Rather than Sir Heir, Butler Zhao cared more about Duke Ding who was lonely from young to adult. He hoped there would be someone by his side.

Not knowing why, Butler Zhao had a feeling that this Jiang fourth miss would not be affected by Sir Duke's ominous energy.

This kind of instinct had not appeared for a long time after he retired from the battlefield, but it suddenly came out at this time. Butler Zhao glanced at the soft and delicate fourth miss and his gaze carried a trace of suspicion.

"I will trouble Butler Zhao." Jiang Ningbao nodded and ignored Old Madam Jiang who was furious.

"Old Madam, the matter of Sir Heir's engagement must be solved. Please think this through and give a reply two days later. This Zhao will take his leave." Butler Zhao curtsied and left with his group.

He did not give Old Madam Jiang a chance to refuse.

"Vile spawn! Kneel down!" Once Butler Zhao left, Old Madam Jiang took a porcelain cup and threw it to Jiang Ningbao's side. With a smash, the porcelain cup shattered into five pieces.

The tea stained her skirt and left a mark.

Jiang Ningbao pursed her lips and stood straight. Her delicate face had a faint smile on it and her pair of beautiful eyes flashed with a light.

"Grandmother. I can agree to the revocation of engagement, but granddaughter will not swallow this injustice. Duke Ding is the person granddaughter respects the most. If granddaughter can marry Duke Ding, even if it results in death, granddaughter will not regret it."

"Please forgive granddaughter's willfulness."

Once she said this sonorously and forcefully, she curtsied to Old Madam Jiang and left the hall without looking back.

The servants in the hall all lowered their heads and did not dare to breath loudly. The big hall was so silent that one could hear the sound of leaves falling.

Old Madam Jiang had a steam stuck in her throat and her body was trembling in anger. She glared at the silhouette of Jiang Ningbao leaving and her gaze was dark and cold as if one could squeeze water out of it.

"This unfilial granddaughter! Really rebellious!"

Jiang Mingyao was stunned silly and her heart had complicated emotions in it. She did not think that revoking the engagement would give fourth sister such a huge blow until she dared to go against grandmother.

The servant Hong Xi carefully served a bowl of tea soup over. "Old Madam, please don't get angry and place a burden on your body. Drink the tea and calm down."

Old Madam Jiang took the tea bowl over and drank it. She turned calmer immediately.

"Mother, what about fourth girl's matter?" First Madam Zhang took notice of the situation and asked.

This was related to her son's future.

Madam Zhang was worried.

Old Madam Jiang heard her oldest daughter-in-law mentioning her rebellious granddaughter and the fire in her heart blaze once more.

She originally disliked Jiang Ningbao who looked soft and delicate and now that Jiang Ningbao hardened herself, Old Madam Jiang felt that her authority was challenged.

Since Duke Ding Residence wanted to revoke the engagement.....

Then this granddaughter was useless. It would be hard to seek a good engagement.