Chapter Nine

Madam Zhang's face turned white and her face became anxious. What did mother mean by this?

"Grandmother, since it's related to granddaughter's happiness, can granddaughter speak up?" Jiang Ningbao suddenly smiled and her voice was light. There was no anger or unwillingness in it.

Once Butler Zhao heard this Jiang fourth miss speaking, he could not help but become curious.

Her granddaughter who was usually gentle suddenly spoke up at this moment made Old Madam Jiang's heart to jump. She frowned and her eyes flashed with unhappiness. She could not berate Jiang Ningbao in front of Butler Zhao so she spoke faintly, "You can speak."

Jiang Ningbao smiled faintly and the gentle helplessness between her brows was gone. "Grandmother, granddaughter can agree to cancel the engagement. Since getting married is knotting two families together and sir heir does not like granddaughter, granddaughter is not someone who likes to force things."

Old Madam Jiang felt relieved. Jiang Ningbao's words were spoken on time and excused Old Madam Jiang to feel troubled. Old Madam Jiang gave her a amicable smile.

"If fourth girl can think like that, then that's good."

First Madam also heaved a sigh of relief silently, her heart coming back to the ground. As long as this niece did not hold onto this engagement tightly then all was good. Engagement was gone but she could become sir heir's little sister. Their count residence would get some benefits from it.

Most important was her second son could get a fifth rank official position.

In Madam Zhang's heart, this position was her second son's. She did not even think about Jiang Ningbao's older brother Jiang Jin who was talented.

"Grandmother, granddaughter does not want to become sir heir's little sister." Jiang Ningbao pretended she did not see Madam Zhang's reaction and lifted her head to stare at Old Madam Jiang.

Once these words came out, Old Madam Jiang's happy face sunk and almost threw the teacups to this fourth girl she disliked. She roared, "Don't be ridiculous!"

Madam Zhang glared at Jiang Ningbao and thought that this niece was really idiotic.

Duke Ding Residence's oldest miss. That was a position that even princesses had to respect and make friends with.

This niece was really an ignorant lard.

So idiotic that people could not look at it.

Madam Zhang looked at her daughter who had a cool aura and pretty face and felt if this kind of good thing fell on her daughter's head, it would be better.

A pity her daughter was not that lucky.

"Butler Zhao, canceling the engagement is alright, but I don't want to become sir heir's littler sister Why don't we change the compensation?"

Jiang Ningbao was not scared of Old Madam Jiang's rage. She stared at Butler Zhao and patted her ruby bracelet softly as she asked gently.

Butler Zhao was stunned and asked in curiosity, "What compensation does the fourth miss wants?"

"Sir heir is really skilled, giving a compensation people cannot refuse. I've seen his determination in canceling the engagement. But I'm not resigned. Why should I give away the title of fiancee to Yang Shuqing? Just because my status is lower than hers, do I have to lower my head and give way to her?"

"I will not. So I've decided that I agree to cancel the engagement, but I want to marry Duke Ding. I want to step on their heads. Butler Zhao, the compensation I want is this."

Jiang Ningbao glanced at Butler Zhao with a smile and spoke with a pace that was not fast nor was it slow, but the words spoken shocked everyone present.

Butler Zhao was shocked.

He thought that this Jiang fourth miss was weak and timid, only enduring even when her engagement was canceled. He didn't think that she would be waiting for this moment.

Old Madam Jiang and First Madam Zhang was shocked by Jiang Ningbao who suddenly became tough and unyielding, different from her usual gentleness. Jiang Mingyao snapped her heard at her fourth sister who was no longer timid with surprise in her eyes.

Was this still that weak and gentle fourth sister?

Not only were they in disbelief, the servants in the hall were also shocked till their jaws dropped.