Chapter Twenty Two

On the ninth of the third month, the sun was shining brightly and it was a good day to go out.

Jiang Ningbao combed her hair and lightly swept her brows. She wore a yellow trimmed white magnolia dress with two expensive jades dangling from her waist that created jingling sounds every time she moved, giving her the impression of moving gentle beauty.

Seeing the soft and gentle beauty in the bronze mirror, Jiang Ningbao's lips curved into a meaningful smile as she blinked her pair of beautiful eyes.

"Yang Shuqing, we're finally meeting."

Even though Jiang Ningbao was Xie Jingyi's fiancee, but the two only met a few times and always on Old Madam Jiang's birthday party. The two never get to know each other so they had no feelings for each other.

Especially the last three years after her parents 'passed away'. On Old Madam Jiang's birthday, Xie Jingyi would only give the birthday gift in a hurry and left.

Xie Jingyi should not know that after she grew up, she turned into a pity evoking, soft and gentle girl.

"Chun Xi, bring my hat over."

Jiang Ningbao retracted her gaze and ordered in a soft voice.

"Yes, please wait, lady."

Chun Xi went to the wardrobe and took out a black hat with white gauze.

Jiang Ningbao stared at the hat and her eyes flashed with nostalgia. This was the hat that her mother, Madam Yang, gave her wen she was twelve years old. She remembered her mother saying that when a girl was going out, it's best to cover her face.

Her mother, Madam Yang, was a gentle and warm elegant lady. She place great importance on her only daughter and from the teachings of Madam Yang, she washed away the crudeness she gained from the apocalypse and gained the air of a noble lady.

Under Madam Yang's teaching, Jiang Ningbao was used to covering her face when going out.

"Let's go."

Jiang Ningbao wore the hat and covered her delicate face as she took Chun Xi out.

Chun Xi called a carriage to the front of the residence. Changning Count Residence's carriages all had owners. If Jiang Ningbao, a lady from the second branch, wanted to go out, she must report to the First Madam Zhang for approval before she could use the carriage.

But Jiang Ningbao was too lazy to greet Madam Zhang who was all about calculation and bought a delicately made carriage from her dowry and entrusted it to Manager Yao. As long as she wanted to go out, Chun Xi would call the carriage.

The driver was someone Manager Yao bought, a clean servant.

It would prevent trouble that way.

Old Madam Jiang knew this but since Jiang Ningbao did not spend a penny from the residence, she could not say anything. Madam Zhang did not even care about this, pretending not to see this.

"Lady, are you really going to meet Oldest Miss Yang?" Getting in the carriage, Chun Xi became unsettled and her face was filled with worry.

Jiang Ningbao glanced at Chun Xi with mirth. She teased, "Chun Xi, Oldest Miss Yang is not a wild beast, what should we be afraid of?"

Chun Xi almost cried. How could her lady be so calm?

Although this Oldest Miss Yang was not a wild beast, she was scarier than that! She's also the miss' love rival!